All my posts are being monitored ?

After making a non pc comment i now can't post it adds me to a que then it never gets uploaded.

Parents
  • I'm sorry to hear that. There are a lot of autists on here who seem to react to things people say in an even more irrational and aggressive manner than the average neurotypical. 

• Irrational, to you.

Perhaps it would be wise to acknowledge that, regardless of your own views, there are others here who will feel offended, undermined, and targeted by some of the words used and the things people say.

I'm not transgender, I have no dog in that fight, but when I see words like 'Tranny' being used in an environment in which there are transgender and LGBTQ users I start to understand a bit better the world they have to live in, the sort of comments they have to endure by people with their 'opinion' they have to make everyone aware of. 

This place is supposed to be welcoming, inclusive, and aware of the fact that it's users have quite unique differences, not a place where people come to be told that if they take offense to something it's a result of an autistic fault, rather than becauss they're a sensible person capable of reason and rational thought. 

You talk of people being aggressive... I personally have stepped away from debates with yourself and others because I acknowledge this is a forum for autistic people. Had I not given people the courtesy of remembering they are autistic I would have reacted in the same way I do with anyone else spouting the same right wing clap trap while at the same time not having the bravery to identify themself as right wing, preferring anti-woke, or anti-PC. Personally I don't consider myself to be either of those things but I'd rather wear those badges than the alternative. 

• I feel this. I'd rather be accused of being a 'snowflake' than air aggressive political opinions on a forum that is meant to help, support and protect Autistic people.

Reply Children
  • Wow - you don't even know me, have never met me, and can make such a judgement on my character! Mind-blowing! You could make money off that skill! I wish there was a laugh button.

In all seriousness, though, I get the impression that we could have some rollicking political rows, but I'm not going to engage as THIS IS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE. Do you not care about the vulnerable people who come here for support?

Go rant on Reddit and stop hijacking a refuge for disabled, struggling people and those who care for them, with your political agenda.

• This reply was deleted.