GB News (New British News Network)

*Precision I have no political affiliation. I subscribe to no political dogma or movement. I have highlighted this new news channel as a much needed antidote to the partisan news we are currently subjected to. Will it be free from bias? No, but at least we all get to see the extremes of both sides of the political divide. I get my news from an entirely independant team  who are committed to delivering non-partisan, professional journalism. Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar. It's a fearless anti-establishment Youtube show and podcast with contributors from across the political divide. Their aim is to cut through the media bias. Breaking Points Non-Partisan News & Analysis Precision*

Britain's got a new TV network. The new British network has vowed to fight "cancel culture" and reflect voices not heard in the partisan mainstream media and state-controlled BBC. A spokesperson for GB News said its aim was to "puncture the pomposity of our elites in politics, business, media and academia and expose their growing promotion of cancel culture for the threat to free speech and democracy that it is". 

Cancel Culture is the term given to left-wing and left-leaning attempts at suppressing of free expression and political diversity by permanently shaming and ostracising individuals who threaten their political and social orthodoxy. 

Parents
  • They probably would have called the civil rights movement 'woke' if the term existed back then. The same for the sufragettes, and those who fought for an end to the persecution of gay people. I dare say the recognition that those of us with mental health and mental illness issues now have is partly the result if progressive/woke people who worked to change the things about society they didn't like, the rules they didn't agree with.

It wasn't woke people who made the rules. It was the like of Murdoch, the likes of Andrew Neil and others in the media who helped dictate how people were treated, who helped decide the language with which people were referred to. And now there's a dawning culture or respect and recognition for people's differences the likes of Neil want to treat it as a bad thing. 

What have the right wingers like Neil done for society? What have angry, reactionary, right wingers done for the world?

I'm not 'woke' but I know which side is more likely to take us forward as a society and which side is more likely to take us backwards. And it certainly isn't the old red faced potatriot going on about how 'You can't say anything anymore!'. 

Oh, and while he's playing it off as being about countering the 'mainstream' 'left' media now, HE WAS PART OF IT UNTIL JUST A YEAR OR SO AGO. If it was so bad, so left-wing, so terribly PC why did he stick around so long? Why did he work for the BBC, of all organisations?

Because he's a fraud looking to take your money by selling you ads in between bits about what immigrants are getting that you're not and a segment from Katie Hopkins about how masks are useless and as long as you walk round with your head stuck up your own **** you needn't worry about catching Covid!

We need to be better than this. Men like Neil seek to profit from the divides in our society, not heal them. GB News will not bring the country together, it will drive us further apart. The ONLY THING keeping the 'Elites' in power is US. 

The sooner we stop letting these rats turn us against each other, arguing about who the biggest shits are, the sooner we can stop them flushing us all down the bog.

That 100,000 death toll is made up of all kinds. Black, white, rich, poor, right, left. The one thing they all have in common is a government and a system that doesn't give a *** about them.

• I think you're sort-of missing a lot of the detail.

Left and right are irrelevant - what you find is most 'conservative' leaning people are generally happy with their lives - they understand how things work and what is best for long-term survival of the species, ,culture, history etc.

Most left-leaning people tend to be young and inexperienced but very vocal - as they have been through time - it takes knowledge and education to understand your place in the world and to understand the interaction of al the things that make up society.

The immature left doesn't understand that - they have their heads filled with all sorts of rubbish but they know nothing.    They think they know best - like petulant children.    It's also shown that those who want to destroy everything are actually harbouring some severe mental problems that need sorting long before they should be allowed to tell anyone else what to do.

The whole 'woke' thing is about seeing just how far you can push a valueless, amoral, culture-less narrative where anything goes - so there is no right or wrong - to totally confuse children making them malleable 'foot soldiers' on The Long March.

• I'm 68 year old and a weak wristed lefty. I don't think I'm immature. I love culture, I love sculptures on street corners, I love patterns, old English floral patterns, arts and craft patterns from the nineteenth century, African resist patterns, Chinese embroidery patterns, Burmese spiral patterns, culture is very important to me. I am autistic, I have a very strong inbuilt sense of right and wrong. I don't recognise your world view. 

How do you define culture?

How do you define  Woke?

• Nope. I am referring to the ERG, the tory party within the tory party, who are basically pulling all the strings. You know, Rees Smaug, who didn't want to pay taxes to the EU, who is immune, Ali g with all his other cohorts, to the mess Brexit is making to the small entrepreneur on the ground, the little employee who has lost their job because their local factory was forced to close. Be careful what you wish for. Sunderland may well be saying that for example 

• small cartel of super rich

I'm guessing you are referring to The unelected European Commission (which makes all the decisions). It's such a relief to think that we no longer will be forced to accept laws made by a European Commission which we did (and could not) not elect or remove from office. 

• Oooh, etiquette. What a good idea! 

Funnily enough I am not sure I remember you sticking to all of tbis

• Sorry, I just wanted to remind you of a basic etiquette tip in a debate. It's usual to present your views, beliefs and opinions as just that:

my argument is...
    my view is... it's my view that/in my view
    my belief is...
    my opinion is..../in my opinion

It's not done to present your views/opinions as facts even if you can find others who share them. 

Brexit, which is doing very little to benefit anyone (ask small businesses, ask the fishermen)

Brexit, which in my opinion/in my view is bringing very little benefit to anyone... (ask the... provide a link to someone's experience, or some analysis).

But remember, there are facts and statistics that can be used to support any claim. Everything in the universe is in constant flux and we can't know anything with any certainty. Not even whether Brexit will be good or bad for the future of the UK. 

• Sorry, I just wanted to remind you of a basic etiquette tip in a debate. It's usual to present your views, beliefs and opinions as just that:

my argument is...
    my view is... it's my view that/in my view
    my belief is...
    my opinion is..../in my opinion

It's not done to present your views/opinions as facts even if you can find others who share them. 

Brexit, which is doing very little to benefit anyone (ask small businesses, ask the fishermen)

Brexit, which in my opinion/in my view is bringing very little benefit to anyone... (ask the... provide a link to someone's experience, or some analysis).

But remember, there are facts and statistics that can be used to support any claim. Everything in the universe is in constant flux and we can't know anything with any certainty. Not even whether Brexit will be good or bad for the future of the UK. 

Children