Online autistic identity

I like facebook - I spend a lot of time on it. My profile is almost exclusively 'NT compliant but still eccentric old me'

Does anyone think that a 'dual identity' is healthy?

I feel like I want to 'live my truth' and just be completely open, but I think some/many existing friends would be confused and quite unnerved.

Above all I just want to share some things I know - to entertain, educate, resonate (or be happily disagreed with) - and feel that some of my things are VERY not NT.

Parents
  • What do people do on facebook?    Is there interaction or is it just people bragging?  (I recently created a profile to try to find people from my past but it seems useless)

• It's an amplifier for all types of societal narcissism, fuelled by corporate greed. Everyone is living on Facebook, editing their lives and sharing their 'best moments' to garner likes, or their 'worst moments' to garner sympathy. 

• Yea and it's purposely made to be addictive. 

I see the evidence even in support workers when they're sat right in front of me, they can't handle being away from their phone and on facebook for longer than a few minutes. I once challenged a support worker to not look at her phone for the whole duration of my support and they kept reaching over for an invisible phone (because I'd hid it from them as part of the challenge LOL) It was like it was just an automatic thing for them to do now, 'oh it's been 10 minutes....must reach for phone' 

• Yea and it's purposely made to be addictive. 

I see the evidence even in support workers when they're sat right in front of me, they can't handle being away from their phone and on facebook for longer than a few minutes. I once challenged a support worker to not look at her phone for the whole duration of my support and they kept reaching over for an invisible phone (because I'd hid it from them as part of the challenge LOL) It was like it was just an automatic thing for them to do now, 'oh it's been 10 minutes....must reach for phone' 

Children
No Data