Can't find like minded people you connect with ?

I know people are going to say go to groups where like minded people are but i never seem to find people or find a fault that just ruins it for me.

• Jealousy is so stupid. If they knew the health problems I struggle with every day, the severely restricted diet, they'd change their tune. Although having said that, women have said to me 'I wish I had your health problems, then I'd be thin.' Talk about a stupid, selfish comment.

• This thread reminds me of the time in 'The Simpsons' whenever Lisa tried to form a Springfield MENSA, as the Egos of the Smart Ones took over.

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

• I have to google your acronyms lol....I am so not hip to them lol. Oh, just got it....sheet hit the fan. I'm always so bad at these.

• Because good people are too self-loahing to procreate.

Whatever you think about, you create. We thought about a possible Dystopia, and that's what we have.

• The problem is that the Media tail is wagging the Political dog.

Politics is superseeded by Cult-Worship.

• I have an online Female Friend from Toronto who has an Autistic-style Hyperinterest in Makeup. She's considering becoming a YouTube Influencer.

• I've begun to advocate for myself more, having been a wallflower for so long.

• I'm sorry this is happening. Outright bullying has happened from that person to a few other friends that I've seen & they've left. It's really sad. I've also seen them write "kill" the voices in their head....only to edit/remove that wording later. I think it's a problem, but people are afraid of saying anything--for fear that they become the bully.

The only reason, I can think the moderators haven't done anything about it, is there's a certain amount of "strikes" someone can have & there's nothing stopping them from making multiple/new accounts. I too have been trolled, but I ignore it.

• I haven't heard that, I've heard more that homo sapiens just had sex with the other types of humans and bred them out. That is certainly what happened with Neanderthals as we all have their DNA but I don't know much about Denisovans.

• And they were murdered homo sapiens in a brutal genocide. It seems to be a consistent MO for NT's... destroy or subjugate all difference.

• Forced multiculturalism (and then forced campaigns for diversity) were introduced by the neoliberals in the late 70's early 80's to prepare for the transition to a global economy. It was a social engineering strategy to browbeat the poorest communities into accepting low-paid workers from different countries, fostering job insecurity within the working class, and thus keep wages low. 

Countries rarely send their most skilled citizens abroad. You don't get poor Pakistanis moving to Knightsbridge or settling in the home counties. They make to the large cities and poor urban areas where housing is cheap and low-paid jobs are plentiful.

And of course, after 30 years, it lead directly to a surge in nationalism across Europe and the world as native populations realised that the decades of forced multiculturalism, unfettered immigration had not lead to an increase in their standards of living as promised. 

The only people to benefit were the fat cats at the tops of corporations, the corrupt bankers and financial sector, and other neoliberal institutions.

After the banks were bailed out from ruin in 2008, the neoliberal agenda was laid bare for all to see. That's why we got Brexit. 

• One of the big problems with US businesses is they score 2 inclusivity points if they hire minority women - so they tick boxes rather than looking for the best.

• I read that only 47% of Americans are parents now so I expect that goes for most western countries.

The huge problem is maths.     Women have been told they can have it all - but if you do the maths backwards from retirement then women are on a real time-crunch to do the whole marriage / family thing.  

Not long ago, people were married in their early 20s, kids done around 30, kids leaving the nest in your mid-50s, save hard and retire mid 60s.

Now everyone tells the educated to be perpetual children until mid 30s so by the time they get into a relationship and are stable enough for kids, they're 40 - and can't be bothered with sleepless nights and working until mid 70s to pay for it all.

The dummies don't even consider any of this - they just pump them out from 14 onwards - someone else will clean up the mess.

• I'm not sure I'm onboard with the all-women businesses. Same with race...I'm sure I'll get some hate here. I also don't get on board with the forced 'diversity' in the workplace...we aren't baseball cards. You can't just collect all of us & then brag about your inclusion. I feel like the all-women business hurts equality in a big way.

• They're jealous and have to point something out to make it seem like you're 'doing something wrong.' I too don't play the stupid female games that are expected of me. I sometimes watch "Real Housewives' with a sort of fascination, like watching aliens.

• This is happening in my backyard, bc I never go back there. These cats are ruling the roost & an occasional flea comes into my house. It's maddening.a lady down the street is feeding/hoarding like 80 cats!

• I only like big, cuddly, lazy cats. I had a black cat growing up & he was cuddly as hell. I had no idea cats could be mean until I met a few. That's an interesting ? I love dogs, everything about them. Stinky breath, I get down on the floor and snuggle with 'em. I pretend sniff & kiss their face, mimicing their manurisms. They seems to like this--when you get on that "dog level" makes them feel more like part of the pack. When my dad died, my mom got rid of Sonkla (black cat) and the tiny kitten we had. I found that a tad traumatic. I tend to lean towards dogs, not sure why. I think when you love cats, you either have to be cool with the ammonia urine smell/really tickly cotton candy fur. If you get a really awesome cat, they pretty much are self-sufficient. I'm waiting on getting a dog till we move & I def won't do it w/o a doggie door. I don't like leaving my "space" that many times today. Crazy cats are cute when they're just Curmudgeon....but when they are biotches...I couldn't deal with that. Maybe it depends on the pet? And the things that go with taking care of it. Has anyone seen the virtual pets coming out on Unreal Engine? I'd say it's not a replacement, but kind of cool.

• I see, my view was just something I read in a psychology article. I suppose there are all sorts of explanations for why the birth rate is declining.

I think having children is just too difficult, too unattractive, too grown up for most people now days. A life without children is just easier and we don't need them to look after us as we get older, or take over the farm we live on, or provide new people to keep the community going as we did in history. Now we have care homes for old people, few people live off the land, we have a vast population, we're not going extinct. In history, having children was vital to keep communities alive.

I read that only 47% of Americans are parents now so I expect that goes for most western countries.

• Thank you so much for taking the time to compose this response. The knowledge and insight demonstrated here is genuinely useful and I appreciate it greatly.

I am very glad to have been of some service. :-)

I am somewhat at a loss for words to be honest which, it is not an understatement to say, is extremely rare.

An attempt at humour and sincerely meant also:

In that the vertical hierarchy of size and strength (involving familial authority) needs to be balanced by the horizontal hierarchy of capacity and function (involving social equality) ~ so as to facilitate the diagonal hierarchy of orientation and direction (involving specific or general relativity) ~ please accept my apologies for the ‘too-much-information’ stroke ‘discussion-killer’ session.