Poll: Should this forum be a space for people with autism?

Parents
  • I understand your feelings Michael, although I have to say that I personally don't feel it would be beneficial. This is because the forum provides help to NT parents and carers looking for support from those who will understand the challenges their children are facing, and can provide an insight that NT professionals may not. We do not need to pretend to be anything other than we are on here, it can still be a safe place. Also if we want NTs to understand our differing needs, who better than to provide that information. 

• I understand your feelings Michael, although I have to say that I personally don't feel it would be beneficial. This is because the forum provides help to NT parents and carers looking for support from those who will understand the challenges their children are facing, and can provide an insight that NT professionals may not. We do not need to pretend to be anything other than we are on here, it can still be a safe place. Also if we want NTs to understand our differing needs, who better than to provide that information. 

Children
  • Indeed, without those supportive parents and carers, NAS would not be in its present form. Also, a significant number of 'other' NAS stakeholders might well fall into the ND category. I wouldn't care to try and define that category, or its supposed opposite.