This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autism and sexual desire

I wondered wether there’s something in being on the autism spectrum and having reduced sexual desire-not come across anything in my reading yet so wondered what people’s experiences are? Oh and asking as a woman too. Thanks

Parents
  • Oh no, I have a lot of crushes on men. It was far, far worse when I was a teenager and in my 20s but now I'm in my 50s it's decreasing. It makes life quite fun and now I'm at the age where young men don't mind me flirting because they don't find a small greyish haired woman threatening Joy

• I used to have the most intense crushes. Not so much as an adult. I think I like the idea of romance more than actual relationships. 

I can definitely attract people and flirt, which I suppose doesn't seem that strange when you consider how much practise we get at mirroring to survive day to day. I'm quite good at switching approach to suit different people. I quite enjoy meeting new people, just not very good at maintaining interest in them! 

• I used to have the most intense crushes. Not so much as an adult. I think I like the idea of romance more than actual relationships. 

I can definitely attract people and flirt, which I suppose doesn't seem that strange when you consider how much practise we get at mirroring to survive day to day. I'm quite good at switching approach to suit different people. I quite enjoy meeting new people, just not very good at maintaining interest in them! 

Children
No Data