Shutting Down

I’ve had problems for years with just zoning out or completely shutting down. There have been a few times where I have become overloaded with everything going on around me, either a build up of weeks or days or just from that moment. 

Does anyone else get this? 

One example was when I was in school. One minute I was fine and the next I felt exhausted and couldn't move or speak: 

I went to school happy, but during my first lesson, a boy was being really loud, then the walls were cracking a bit, and during the lesson (which is 45 mins long) there was a lot going on. But after that it was break and then everything was was getting louder and louder. The lights were getting brighter and brighter. One other boy came in and there was a lot of movement and I can't handle the sensation of people walking around. (There were only 2 boys in the classroom). 

After an hour of torture, I had P.E (which I love) but it was then which I was sat in my chair with my hood up to block out the lighting, with my head in my knees. When the teacher came in I couldn't move or talk. If I really really had to, like it was an emergency I could but it takes a lot of effort and feels impossible. 

Has this happened to anyone before?

Parents
  • there are dozens of people in here who suffer from shutdowns.  I have one per day approximately,, each one is 30min -  1 hour long.  Recently I have learned to control them by replacing them with a regular Zen Meditation which control with an egg timer 20 - 30mins, at lunchtime each day.

I mean if I do a meditation each day the shutdowns  95% disappear ----- if I dont meditate they occur 6 times a week approx.

In my shutdown i get very tired exhausted,, cant keep my eyes opened, I cant stop them ,, I sort of pass out. Its like I go into a very dark hole/unconsciousness -- but  there are many different versions of shutdowns.. When I wake up Its like I have been reborn and i can be very wobbly confused/upset for 10 mins.

Above in your text,,,, You actually have described a very classic shutdown.

I created a collection of shutdown accounts  here in this very forum

community.autism.org.uk/.../150828

• Thanks. I'm sorry about you and your shutdowns. I will read your collection of shutdowns. 

• thanks but i'm ok with them now 

Reply Children
No Data