Help for High Functioning Adults

Hi, 

This is the first time, I've written on here although have debated trying to get outside help for a while. The help isn't for me. It's for my older brother who is turning 30 next year.

To give you some context.. Jack is registered Blind as well as having Asperger's Syndrome, he's passions in life revolve around gaming, computers.. Some aspects of Jacks life have succeed all of our expectations and I honestly couldn't be prouder. He has a degree in Computer Science, a Masters and now works for Cisco a Software Engineer - he even bought his own flat last year (although still lives with my parents). The one part of Jacks life which is missing, is companionship. Apart from work, he doesn't speak to anyone outside our immediate family. Before 2020, he would gain little bits of social interactions from travelling on the train, or meeting his personal trainer. But good old Covid has put a stop to that. If I'm honest, i'm extremely worried for his mental well being, Jack used to have extreme burst of anger and melt downs as we call them. But now he appears sad, he's sad he hasn't got the any other relationship or personal interaction outside of our family. And all he wants is a friend - someone he can talk to. 

So, my ask is.. if there are any like minded computer/gamers out there or anyone who would just like a chat or friendly/safe online communities/chat rooms please let me know. As I know, Jack would love to get in touch. No one should feel alone. 

Thanks,

Jacks little sister Ella.

Parents
  • Maybe change your header to 'Any computer type / gamers out there?' as a lot of usonly open pists that have headers that catch our attention.

I do feel for your brother, and also you caring about him. It's really lovely how you've written your post.

• Maybe change your header to 'Any computer type / gamers out there?' as a lot of usonly open pists that have headers that catch our attention.

I do feel for your brother, and also you caring about him. It's really lovely how you've written your post.

Children
No Data