Gullible!

Ever since I can remember I’ve always been gullible at school I fell for most pranks and as an adult once I got fired from my job because I kept getting scammed by customers one example is a lady came in and picked up loads of stuff when I was serving her at the end she asked for 2 packets of cigarettes as soon as I gave them to her she said oh no I’ve left my wallet in my car I’ll leave my shopping and come back I believed her waited 15 minutes and then I looked through the bag everything was there but the cigarettes she scammed me I’d like to say this is the only time something like this has happened to me but it’s one of many is this because I have autism? Or am I just too trusting.

Parents
  • I imagine tweaking the level of trust in certain situations might help? It'd be nice to continue being trusting in general but to choose occasions in which you employ less trust - ie when there's potential for significant loss if the trust is broken.

That shopping trip example sounds pretty harsh and disappointing.

I've been screwed over by being too trusting. In specific areas where it really hurt me, I've (hopefully) learned not to do that.

• Yeah I’m really going to try to be more cautious from now on.

Reply Children
No Data