new to the website

Hi,

I am new to this website. 

I am 34 years old and have asperger.

I am struggling with social interaction.I am good with my topics of interest but I don't know what to say about me.  Is there anybody like me ?

I leaned a lot about emotions through the years but the truth is I dont understand them all as they can be complex so I just acknowledge them and accept it. but I am awkward at friendship. I am better to show in action rather than " expressing myself with emotions" 

I am a caring person and it is part of my job and I learnt the good words for comfort people but when it is new situation with emotions I can still struggle sometimes 

Parents
  • Thank you so much Deepthought for your kind message. it the first time I speak with people on the spectrum and I know that I am not alone.I always felt like a wasted gift but now I know that I need to explore the good side that Asperger bring .

• Thank you so much Deepthought for your kind message.

I am glad to have been of some service and you are of course entirely welcome.

it the first time I speak with people on the spectrum and I know that I am not alone.

Well with this being the first time you have gotten to speak with other people on the spectrum ~ hopefully it will not seem too strange or weird actually being "normal" for a change! Smiley

I always felt like a wasted gift but now I know that I need to explore the good side that Asperger bring

More like a wondrous gift for those who appreciate the finer things in life, and aside from the negatives it is definitely worth exploring the positive aspects that Asperger's Syndrome does bring ~ could not agree more, very well put.

Have a good one and may it lead to many many more ~ here and elsewhere. Relaxed

• Thank you so much Deepthought for your kind message.

I am glad to have been of some service and you are of course entirely welcome.

it the first time I speak with people on the spectrum and I know that I am not alone.

Well with this being the first time you have gotten to speak with other people on the spectrum ~ hopefully it will not seem too strange or weird actually being "normal" for a change! Smiley

I always felt like a wasted gift but now I know that I need to explore the good side that Asperger bring

More like a wondrous gift for those who appreciate the finer things in life, and aside from the negatives it is definitely worth exploring the positive aspects that Asperger's Syndrome does bring ~ could not agree more, very well put.

Have a good one and may it lead to many many more ~ here and elsewhere. Relaxed

Children

• Thanks for your good words Deepthought.

I have a question to ask you : For 2 years I have realized some studies and material goal but I realized that my mental health haven't progress that much.

Have you got any advices regarding setting goals for mental health , and to help reduce stress?

Hope it makes sense ?

Yes your question does make sense, although there a few grammatical errors that personally I really enjoy actually as I like listening to different languages, dialects or accents ~ otherwise known as semantics where words are pronounced differently, i.e., that “You say ‘toe~mar~toe’ and I say ‘toe~may~toe’!” sort of thing.

Keeping strictly though to the character of that which you wrote ~ your post could otherwise appear with the corrections being ‘italicised’ (slanted) and square [bracketed] as follows:

Thanks for your [positive] words Deepthought.

I have a question to ask you : For 2 years I have realised some studies and material [goals] but I realised that my mental health [hasn’t progressed] that much.

Have you got any [advice] regarding setting goals for mental health, and to help reduce stress?

Hope [this] makes sense ?

If that helps any, or maybe just carry on expressing your feelings and thoughts into English words and learning it more as people respond in writing to you perhaps?

One thing I like to suggest first and foremost in respect of reducing stress, is to learn to use a breathing technique where you imagine that your lungs are in your pelvis, and breath gently, slowly and deeply as if each in-breath is sucking your feet to the floor, and each out-breath is rooting your feet to the earth. When you are walking or running imagine as such that the planet is like a tread-mill rolling under your sucking and rooting feet, in whichever direction you happen to be walking or running in, or even if cycling, as it improves your oxygen intake and stamina. Many sporting types use the exercise / meditation as stress and anxiety produce toxins that not only slows the metabolism, but also interferes with psychological processes.

It can also be helpful in respect of being on the spectrum and operating in the freeze, hide, flight or fight state of mind (instinctual survival mode) generally involving stress and anxiety ~ to have one or two detox baths a week using Epsom bath Salts ~ to draw out the ‘toxins’ (free radicals) otherwise toxic overload causes aches, pains and general discomfort and increased exhaustion and depression.

Another classic is that many people do not drink enough water, and being in the freeze, hide, flight or hide state of mind for those on the spectrum can mean entirely forgetting to drink water or even forgetting to eat when stressed.

There is also a book called ‘The Complete Guide To Asperger’s Syndrome’ by Tony Attwood, which deals with all the developmental stages from pre-adolescence to post-adolescence ~ which can really help one come to terms with the reasons for our neurologically divergent difficulties in neurotypical society, and it gives loads of work arounds and suggestions for problems involving executive planning disorder, time management and being and getting better organised and all that.

Here follows a complete free-PDF-version link of the book:

http://www.autismforthvalley.co.uk/files/5314/4595/7798/Attwood-Tony-The-Complete-Guide-to-Aspergers-Syndrome.pdf

If that helps perhaps?

• Thanks for your good words Deepthought.

I have a question to ask you : For 2 years I have realized some studies and material goal but I realized that my mental health haven't progress that much.

Have you got any advices regarding setting goals for mental health , and to help reduce stress?

Hope it makes sense ?