new to the website

Hi,

I am new to this website. 

I am 34 years old and have asperger.

I am struggling with social interaction.I am good with my topics of interest but I don't know what to say about me.  Is there anybody like me ?

I leaned a lot about emotions through the years but the truth is I dont understand them all as they can be complex so I just acknowledge them and accept it. but I am awkward at friendship. I am better to show in action rather than " expressing myself with emotions" 

I am a caring person and it is part of my job and I learnt the good words for comfort people but when it is new situation with emotions I can still struggle sometimes 

Parents Reply Children

• Thank you so much Deepthought for your kind message.

I am glad to have been of some service and you are of course entirely welcome.

it the first time I speak with people on the spectrum and I know that I am not alone.

Well with this being the first time you have gotten to speak with other people on the spectrum ~ hopefully it will not seem too strange or weird actually being "normal" for a change! Smiley

I always felt like a wasted gift but now I know that I need to explore the good side that Asperger bring

More like a wondrous gift for those who appreciate the finer things in life, and aside from the negatives it is definitely worth exploring the positive aspects that Asperger's Syndrome does bring ~ could not agree more, very well put.

Have a good one and may it lead to many many more ~ here and elsewhere. Relaxed