How do we meet people with common interests?

I'm 21 and need friends but I don't really know how to find people with common interests even more so when my main special interest is WWE so it's kinda hard to find people into Wrestling as it's not as popular as it once was.

I'm also into Gaming and Film but they're not really topics I can hold a conversation with for very long as it all depends on if people have played a specific game/watched a specific movie and if they have the same console or not which is a bit of a struggle when it comes to continuously talking about them.

Tried the MeetUp App but there aren't any groups in my local area so it's kinda a bust for me so any other advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Regards

Max 

Parents
  • Hi Max

WWE and gaming are two opposites - one is mainly based at home on your own and the other is at big events - what other interests do you have where there might be more local groups?       What did you like when you were younger?      I did models, Lego and train-sets and RC cars etc. as a kid and so as an adult, there are groups where I can join and get out to events and meet up with like-minded people.     I'd take another look at Meetup.com - people arrange social events - like pub evenings or cinema trips - all worth looking at.

• You got rc cars now?  I might get a submarine or a plane.

• I've got a 4x4 truck crawler, a couple of helicopters, a couple of drones and a bunch of RC ships - and a ton of technical Lego.  Smiley

Reply Children