Bullying

I am anxious as my boss has scheduled an unexpected meeting with me and hasn't told me what it is about. Every time she does this it means someone from my team has made a complaint against me. I and a couple of others have been bullied by the majority of this group for over a year. Each new boss (on our third) can't get a grip on it. Anyway, as I have a ASD it is doubly difficult for me to cope with this. I am so anxious that this new boss is out of her depth, so the easy way out is to make me the problem. Anyone have any ideas how to cope with this? 

Parents
  • Now that I read this thread I realise that I was bullied a lot when I worked for other people/companies. I just didn't have the vocabulary to defend myself. I really was reduced to tears (as a 40 something male) by a boss who seemed to enjoy making me feel uncomfortable. I'm better at managing it now but I totally *hate* confrontations of any kind. I've been working on raising my self-esteem for a very long time and now I think I'm getting there - a bit ..

• That's horrible, sad that you endured it too. I'm glad that your self esteem is being raised

• Thanks .. it's so strange looking back on all the difficult situations I've had .. I reckon if I knew then what I know now (ie that I'm an Aspie) I would have been able to build better coping strategies. Now I can laugh a lot more and step away from situations .. I lean towards believing that the bullies actually have their own stuff that they're dealing with .. and so deserve sympathy.

• Yep it has always been the case for me ,bullies and bigots are hiding from their own problems . when ever I have been asked to leave a few months later that very same bully has left too , good to see these patterns as I have a list of reasonable adjustments now and if I get another job as been sacked way to many times ,I can hand these out to all and tell them I also have a body camera fitted ,if they need a hard copy of any interaction with them make one and email to them .

• Yep it has always been the case for me ,bullies and bigots are hiding from their own problems . when ever I have been asked to leave a few months later that very same bully has left too , good to see these patterns as I have a list of reasonable adjustments now and if I get another job as been sacked way to many times ,I can hand these out to all and tell them I also have a body camera fitted ,if they need a hard copy of any interaction with them make one and email to them .

Children
No Data