Loneliness

How do you deal with loneliness? I spend most of my time alone. I want to be alone because I can’t handle too much but I actually miss people. This is without the lockdown.

• Hi 

I'm sure you will find some people here who feel the same. I hope you feel better soon. 

• Thank you for speaking up, sorry your having hard time.  Do you like any conversation with people in the shops, walking, work or friends?

How do you feel around people, do you like to just listen in conversations, do you like chatty or quiet people?

• I pushed myself outside my comfort zone last year in order to meet people I put music in headphones to deal with people I don't know on the bus.  I ended up nearly having a breakdown went all hyper and lost 7lbs in weight going to gym running and lifting weights.  Then I told this guy I loved him at work because I was obsessed by him  and ever since I have given up everything I liked doing although he says loves me every day it is constant torture I have broken it off with him at least 7 times shout at him have hysterics 

• Thank you for posting. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there who feels lonely. I find talking to people very stressful, so I tend to go on IM where I have more time to think about what I want to say, rather than not knowing what to say. That helps because it gives me a small amount of contact that I can manage.

Hopefully on here, we can post and feel less lonely.

• I have a dog called Bonny she is always glad to be with me and I find other dog walkers friendly and will talk about their dogs all day.  

• Perhaps a whole new more PC interpretation is here necessary for that tabloid BS expression,"Hop Off, Frogs!". I miss the caption contests that were regularly organised on this forum a few months back. Where is their originator now?  We miss you, and hope you are missing us! ;-) Wish you were here!

• I really struggle with this and I’d urge you to overcome it somehow else you’ll end up like me - and you don’t want that I assure you. 

• I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. I find that my hobbies and walking my dog, having pets, really helps. Watching movies, listening to music, watching funny bits and pieces on YouTube helps too. I think we all need to get outside in nature, for our mental health’s sake, and even if just joining a fun yoga or fitness class, or maybe having a cinema night with friends(maybe via joining an autism meet-up group), or creating one yourself, once the world is doing better health-wise, it might help. I too need lots of time to myself, but I make sure I go to the cinema and eat out from time to time. I make sure I visit art galleries and museums and castles(many are free), or create a blog where you can record your thoughts etc and share with others, just as you can here... Just being out in the world, among people, even if you’re not really with anyone you’re close to, can help make you less “shut-in”. The last thing you want is to become too used to being in the safe haven of “home” for too long, as many of us wind up becoming agoraphobic or agoraphobic-like if this goes on for too long. Sometimes, we need to push ourselves outside of the comfort zone a little, in order to safeguard our health, if you know what I mean.

• Hi there, this forum is good too. Lots of people who are similar are game for a chat online Wink I enjoy reading about experiences that I can relate to, some are tragic and others make me chuckle.

• I spend hours noodling on my guitar ,  I have been single now for 20 years and getting pretty good at it now 

• hi stuff like Dads army

• hello :) what spoken word do you listen to?

• hi i go for walks on my own that helps, i also listen to spoken word on my IPOd and watch happy programmes