Shouldn’t ALL key workers receive a medal post Coronavirus?

The Mirror is running a campaign for frontline NHS and carers to receive a medal post Coronavirus. This should be a no-brainer.

This is a war, but shouldn’t ALL keyworkers receive a medal? 

Without:

The Police,

The Cleaners,

The Shelf-Stackers in the Supermarkets,

The Lorry Drivers delivering your food,

The Bin-Men,

and many more besides, the country would shut down.  

So if you agree let them know.

• The flu thing lol I've had flu and been fine. I'm still getting over Corona and stopped breathing a few times so no not like the flu Joy

• According to the Italians, only 12% of all the 'covid' deaths are actually attributable to the virus.   Most of them are actually natural causes in seriously ill people.   

• And what's more 360,000 people are born every day. That means in just 3 hours more people are born than the whole 38k deaths worldwide from Covid in the last 3 months

• Well I've always thought in situations like this where do you stop? I was an electrical design engineer designing fire alarm systems and emergency lighting to save children and elderly peoples lifes in schools and carehomes. No one would clap for me and similarly no one would tip me like in some jobs

• I am going to stick my neck out and say,  I estimate the total death in the UK from this virus to be 2,300 and for the emergency to be over in four weeks.

However,  I support some of the government social distancing measures and hope they continue for much longer.   Not because of this virus but because I find the hygiene of the general public to be disgusting in general.

Before everything stopped, I was travelling on busy buses twice a day and the amount of coughing and sneezing was awful and no-one made any effort to sneeze into a hanky, it just went into the open.

• Wow, didn’t expect to start such a debate!

• Some maths - in China, on average, 44,000 people die EVERY DAY of normal causes - that's 4.4 million normal deaths so far this year.    UK has about 2,100 deaths every day - or 210,000 so far this year - the Covid deaths are almost insignificant in among those numbers.    Of the people dying, almost all are really old and with all sorts of other heart/lung problems - there's a good chance they would have died this year from something else anyway.

• Even if what you’re saying was true about it being like the flu..... (it isn’t) but for arguments sake let’s just say it is, the issue is lack of a vaccine. Without a vaccine for those who are more vulnerable to complications, more people die. It’s also a very rapid spreader. 

So yes the media is making it look worse than it might actually be, because we don’t have all the data. Not to mention nurses and doctors get flue jabs To help prevent them getting the flu when they’re exposed to patients with the flu. 

The deaths from closing down society and economy is another problem that needs looking at but to say it’s an international con job is a bit of a stretch 

• No - they are the lucky ones who will still have a job at the end of all this - everyone else is taking pot luck with their futures and might lose their jobs, houses, investments, pensions etc.  

• I’d like to say yes, but where do you draw the line? I think there should be a system where people can nominate people for awards maybe - so the real standout stars get noticed.

• No, because the while virus thing is an international con job.

The ordinary flu is just as dangerous and more prevalent,  killing more people.

The whole thing is mass hysteria and the government action, closing down society and the economy is causing just more deaths.