Austin adult son & Coronavirus fears

Hi, my son is 28 lives on his own with his dog and is struggling really badly with his anxiety due to the corona virus situation. I am his carer and visit him daily but with the lockdown it is getting more difficult as one way to keep him calm was to walk our dogs together. But now we cannot go out in my car to a deserted place to walk the dogs due to the rules of the lockdown. My son is having daily meltdowns now and I have asked his therapist to write me a letter explaining why I am out the house  in case I get stopped. He won’t come to my house. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Parents
  • As far as I understand we're still entitled to walk dogs as part of our daily exercise allowance, but yeah I think we're required to stick to our local area (I'm in NI mind you, might be different where you are).  What I've been doing is taking my dogs out late at night or very early morning when there's nobody around.  If it doesn't cause too much upset to you or your son's routine it might be worth giving that a go.

• As far as I understand we're still entitled to walk dogs as part of our daily exercise allowance, but yeah I think we're required to stick to our local area (I'm in NI mind you, might be different where you are).  What I've been doing is taking my dogs out late at night or very early morning when there's nobody around.  If it doesn't cause too much upset to you or your son's routine it might be worth giving that a go.

Children
No Data