*TRY THIS * The Gratitude Thread - a "Change Thinking" technique

This is a technique to change how you think to the more positive.

all you have to do is list things you are blessed to have  ( even just one thing is a positive step )

here's mine today ( Below )

Visit on a regular basis to change how you think. 

Parents
  • Grateful for nature, a loving family,  pet, neighbours, job I love, who I am. Grateful for a change in thoughts which are gradually occurring and which I need to practise more: Accept people as they are whatever their "neurological" ststus,  know that most people only try their best, but have their own limitations and not to measure others based on my own expectations of myself. To not compare myself or what I have or who I am with others. If someone has a good heart i can't ask for more, even if they bore me to death or are not on my wavelength. I'm grateful for this ongoing change in my thoughts as it's helping me see more clearly, reduce self inflicted anxiety and making me appreciate others more.

• there is a lot of sound advice in this statement, and really good aspirations, which if followed will move you from suffering ( the cause of unhappiness ) to a better way of thinking. I have seen similar in Bankei (1600) and other Buddhist monk/Taoist writings. So you are in very good company. Awesome, especially the, "Who I am". 

Really love this statement, really powerful.

• Hi Aidie, I don't really know much about Buddhism to be honest.  It's come from an eventful couple of years and negotiating my way through life and analysing thoughts to see how I can develop. Im always analysing thoughts. A bout of CBT helped kick it off. I've found that a lot of the stuff I've said I've heard before as advice. But now I believe it. Its gradual and doesn't all happen at once but I'm hopefully heading in the right direction. I've also been immersed in reading about powerful natural psychedelics this past week and how they can have such a profound effect on those who use them. It's also helping shift my head in the right direction. I have never tried them. I'd love to but am very risk averse. 

So I'm also grateful to the Internet so I can read all about it!!

• yea me, but i'm holding on. I'm ignoring the bad thoughts.

• over analysis sounds like my problem. Always looking for new different solutions to try.  Antidepressants have no benefits for me.

I remember taking mescaline 50 years ago (lsd type drug) It was really weird but now I recognise the things I was thinking were like mindfulness in that I was thinking about pain and whether I would find it a bad feeling or just a feeling I could observe, from a distance. No emotion when experiencing something that mot people would find very distressing

I am trying to work on this to survive my suicidal thoughts at present.

Anyone else thinking like this?

• I did a few lines of MDMA once at a party and it had no effect on me except for a slight warmness.  I wonder if it was real stuff or not?

Reply Children
No Data