Don’t have any friends

Just wondering if anyone else doesn’t have any friends at all or is that just me?

Parents Reply Children
  • I think I'm the flaky one to be honest with myself. I'd need a friendship where I can disappear for ages, not have to support them, inconvenience myself or show empathy when I need to be alone. Then pop up from time to time when I have the stamina. 

If they say 'does my bum look big in this...?' I'll say 'yes' if it does. 

I really suck as a friend. To avoid imposing that kind of suckiness on anyone I back off as soon as they get close. 

• I mainly communicate with family too, theyve been wonderful tbh. Sometimes I wish I had more people in my life but much like yourself I wonder how realistic it all is. Done with flakey friends I know that much! 

• Yep another one here with no friends , I have always hope to find one but they always gravitated to more "interesting people " and I think my fantasy of a friend is just that ,a fantasy , the reality of any friendship would never live up to expectations  ,I do have people I know outside work and family that I have high regard and respect for and they for me in return and this is much preferable  than some fractious unreliable "friendship".