Christmas presents

Does anyone else find the whole present thing pointless ? Why doesn't everyone keep their money and buy stuff they want for themselves ?

So much pressure to find just the right gift and to respond to what you are given positively regardless of If you actually like it or not !

Parents
  • I find gift giving is very confusing because there are so many 'what if's' going through my head.

*What if the present breaks? What if whoever receives the present does not like it? What if it has germs on it and makes me or whoever receives it poorly?

But there are parts of it I do enjoy. In my house we have always celebrated Christmas and gift giving. I can remember going shopping with my mum every year to buy presents. She bought me gloves for me to wear, so germs could not get onto my hands, which made the whole experience a lot easier for me. So I really enjoy that side of it because it is a fun thing for me to do and share with my mum.

This year my mum will be using a walking stick but she says it will still be a fun and magical time for us both so I cannot wait.

• I find gift giving is very confusing because there are so many 'what if's' going through my head.

*What if the present breaks? What if whoever receives the present does not like it? What if it has germs on it and makes me or whoever receives it poorly?

But there are parts of it I do enjoy. In my house we have always celebrated Christmas and gift giving. I can remember going shopping with my mum every year to buy presents. She bought me gloves for me to wear, so germs could not get onto my hands, which made the whole experience a lot easier for me. So I really enjoy that side of it because it is a fun thing for me to do and share with my mum.

This year my mum will be using a walking stick but she says it will still be a fun and magical time for us both so I cannot wait.

Children
No Data