Loneliness

Hi, I’m looking to meet new people who are maybe going through a similar situation to myself. I live with my two young children,it does get very lonely at times. Does anyone live in the north east area? 

• Unfortunately not much in common with interests! Walking is the only one I enjoy out of those. I love comedy, learning languages, knitting/crochet, reading. My hobbies aren't very conducive to meeting people or sharing. 

It must be frustrating as your hobbies are actually very similar to most women I know but social anxiety can be so awful. I often wear headphones and listen to loud music when I'm waiting to collect my daughter as I can't face another banal conversation! It's nice when you find someone with a similar interest though. To me it feels like having a big filling meal, compared to small talk, which feels like someone throwing you the odd unsatisfying crumb...if that makes sense. 

• That’s great that you are finding the group very helpful, I feel it will be really beneficial to myself as well 

• Hi, I hope your well. Yeh well I find social situations so difficult, I feel like running away when I’m in one, but I’m pushing myself so much, as I’m determined to find a way of coping better. My interests are fashion, make-up, dining out, travelling, cooking, walking and dancing. What are your interests? 

• Hi Theresa!

I have a primary age child. Have tried really hard to make friends with other parents but the same pattern always happens. I try to talk to them, they appear to like me, they suggest meeting for a drink, I get very anxious, I feel the meeting went well, they stop contacting me. I have a few people I can talk to in the queue but none I would call a friend.

What are your interests?

• Hi Luke, I hope your keeping well. Aw thank you so much for all your kind words, that means a lot to me. Yes hopefully I will meet close friends soon, no one deserves to feel lonely, as life is to short. I hope to find people who maybe are similar to myself, so we can relate to each other 

Theresa 

• Hello Theresa, that is brilliant news, your doing absolutely fantastic. Hope you find nice friends who won’t take advantage of you and they treat you well and look after you and you won’t be lonely soon. 

Best wishes Luke 

• Welcome to the group Slight smile I don't have any children, but I suspect I'm autistic (awaiting an assessment to confirm either way). I joined the group a couple of months ago and have found it really helpful.

• sorry you have way more on your plate than me. You doing well, you are doing a great.  you are raising 2 kids that will go into the word with an understanding of ASD.  That is a great thing. best wishes.