We need you

All autistic and ND and NA (lol) people who want to join please follow the link, engage in conversation 

https://join.slack.com/t/neurodiverses-2sm4183/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2MjYzOTgxMjAxLWNlMTRiNmVjMTE5YWM0ZTE2ZDkzMGVmYmY5ZmRmY2M5YjFiM2QwODk5MDQxOWU2NzZmNDU0ODhjZDRjNmRmMDU

We are Neurodiverse Self Advocacy !

We are autistic adults who came together to form a charity and build a self-advocacy and peer to peer support network dedicated to empowering autistic adults, harnessing our talents and knowledge to develop new supportive services to overcome our barriers and achieve equality in employment, relationship, and wellbeing..

We want to transform the attitude to autism in society and develop a supportive community with services that are relevant and helpful to us.

Our mission is:

• The support and enablement of Neuro Diverse People to lead healthy and fulfilling lives, achieve their life goals and realise their potential in order to achieve equality and fully contribute to society.

• By Neuro Diverse People we mean people on the autistic spectrum, who may also have ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and co-occurring conditions such as epilepsy, OCD, Bipolar etc…
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorder includes Autism, Asperger’s, PDD-NOA
Parents
  • Is this breaking the rules? Asking members to join another site, one that requires signing a constitution, sharing risks and costs. 
    Define risks.  
    It doesn't sound a very healthy proposition and sounds like it is breaking the rules of this forum.

You are asking members to put themselves at whatever risks and to use their money to put themselves at risk. 

Wrong on every level, no matter how much do-good your intentions are. 

EDIT:  Correct me if I am wrong. 

EDIT: the post had said risks and costs. I interpreted that to be money, having read posts again, it might not have been money, it could have been other costs.  Therefore I do no know what was meant by 'costs' and it might not have been money.

• I have to say yes you have voiced my concerns as well, but you should not hide behind a number to voice your opinion, nor should anybody create a new username to get their point across, that is trolling and its wrong.

This is a democracy if you have something to say sit up say it and own it as I have done....

• I have to say yes you have voiced my concerns as well, but you should not hide behind a number to voice your opinion, nor should anybody create a new username to get their point across, that is trolling and its wrong.

This is a democracy if you have something to say sit up say it and own it as I have done....

While you are owning it behind your fantasy picture and psuedonym.....

• bookworm as left :( . if u know her ask her to come back

• Fine.

It's an anonymous membership forum, names and avatars are inconsequential to me.

• I am sorry I have upset you, its just that this site does have a history of people changing their username/identity to say things which they otherwise wouldn't, you are clearly not one of them and if you look nor am I, If I have something to say I say it as me bookworm, my concern is that I have met the original poster of this thread and she openly said she did not see any issue with changing your identity to say things, why? hence my reaction because I am a, 'what you see is what you get', person and If I have something to say, I say it, as me bookworm,  If I was allowed to use my own identity I would  but I'm not.

It would be a good idea to get yourself an avatar  and username though because numbers can be very confusing.

• I have no problem with that at all, I have not said anything against it, I was referring to the hypocrasy of that post. 

It is the hypocritical nature of the post, calling me out for hiding behind a number when that person is using a picture and a pseudonym, it is double standards.

I prefer that it is anonymous and agree with you in every way and more about anonymity. 

• why not i have talked to children in great despair ( in the act of commiting suicide ) who would not talk to their friends nor family, only me. I never knew their true identity  but I talked for them for years some I profoundly changed. They can only do it if they sure they can not be identified. They could say anything to me their deep deep inner self. This person could be anyone but I don't need to know. Otherwise they will not talk about their issues. 

By the way there is nothing wrong with fantasy and people using them ( fantasies ) to explore their inner self. I welcome anyone to speak to me in any mode they want.

• why not i have talked to children in great despair ( in the act of commiting suicide ) who would not talk to their friends nor family, only me. I never knew their true identity  but I talked for them for years some I profoundly changed. They can only do it if they sure they can not be identified. They could say anything to me their deep deep inner self. This person could be anyone but I don't need to know. Otherwise they will not talk about their issues. 

By the way there is nothing wrong with fantasy and people using them ( fantasies ) to explore their inner self. I welcome anyone to speak to me in any mode they want.

Children