Why

Over the last few weeks and months, I have been asking my self the question. Why my parents didn't seek diagnosis while I was a child. I saw many educational psychologists and other professionals. 

I got through so many pencils, because I used to chew them, my concentration levels at school was poor (it still is). I started school in the late 70's, even at an early age i was struggling, from what i can remember even before I started school there were problems. 

I remember having the struggles of being singled out because my work wasn't up to scratch.  

I'm now 47 and stuck on a waiting list that is making me feel anxious. 

Parents
  • Go private?

i had problems I went to school in 1974, in took until the day before my diagnosis at the tender age of 46 for my mum to tell me, that when my parents got divorced and she couldn't afford to send me to the school I was at the nuns told her, I would need to go to a 'special' school, I was 4 years old, I then went to the worst schools in the area I lived, primary and secondary and had the worst education possible, needless to say left school with very little to show, went back to education 9 years later spent 5 years studying for GCSEs A Levels and my nurse training to then find out I was considered special needs all those years ago. I also think the same as you if I had the support would things have been different? Who knows but its made for an interesting journey....

• Go private?

i had problems I went to school in 1974, in took until the day before my diagnosis at the tender age of 46 for my mum to tell me, that when my parents got divorced and she couldn't afford to send me to the school I was at the nuns told her, I would need to go to a 'special' school, I was 4 years old, I then went to the worst schools in the area I lived, primary and secondary and had the worst education possible, needless to say left school with very little to show, went back to education 9 years later spent 5 years studying for GCSEs A Levels and my nurse training to then find out I was considered special needs all those years ago. I also think the same as you if I had the support would things have been different? Who knows but its made for an interesting journey....

Children