Why

Over the last few weeks and months, I have been asking my self the question. Why my parents didn't seek diagnosis while I was a child. I saw many educational psychologists and other professionals. 

I got through so many pencils, because I used to chew them, my concentration levels at school was poor (it still is). I started school in the late 70's, even at an early age i was struggling, from what i can remember even before I started school there were problems. 

I remember having the struggles of being singled out because my work wasn't up to scratch.  

I'm now 47 and stuck on a waiting list that is making me feel anxious. 

Parents
  • hi Ed, "in those days" im 53 people didnt know otherwise.my mother was an od school S.R.N .i had flash cards up till the age of 6 because i couldnt read,as far as my mum was concerned she would say well his older sister does everything for him,i had the psychologists in junior school,i had the oh he likes to play on his own cos hes too tidy for everyone else.covered my entire bedroom ceiling which was 16ft x 12ft in cigerette packets at the age of ten!!??.they knew something wasnt right but couldnt pin it down .i got diagnosed last year at 52, 6 years after they both passed away so i never got to explain to them.

if you can afford it go private,i did im still on the NHS waiting list after 2 years.i hope yours is better im sorry that it might sound negative just my own experience.  

• hi Ed, "in those days" im 53 people didnt know otherwise.my mother was an od school S.R.N .i had flash cards up till the age of 6 because i couldnt read,as far as my mum was concerned she would say well his older sister does everything for him,i had the psychologists in junior school,i had the oh he likes to play on his own cos hes too tidy for everyone else.covered my entire bedroom ceiling which was 16ft x 12ft in cigerette packets at the age of ten!!??.they knew something wasnt right but couldnt pin it down .i got diagnosed last year at 52, 6 years after they both passed away so i never got to explain to them.

if you can afford it go private,i did im still on the NHS waiting list after 2 years.i hope yours is better im sorry that it might sound negative just my own experience.  

Children
No Data