Why do I feel like I don’t care???

So one of my parents was selling a house and it has fallen through, they are moping around and acting like it’s the end of the world. Why is this? Surely there are worse things that can happen to people? And then when I tried to be nice and go round I was told not to cause they needed time out however that didn’t apply to everyone that just applied to me as my aunt went round anyway. So now I’m just like move on you can’t fix it why are you even bothered? Please help me I feel as though I am missing something here

Parents
  • Hey :) 

Although there's not much you can do about their behaviour or thinking, it helps you to understand the situation. Moving house is often one of the most significant moments of someone's life, and it carries a lot of sentiment and emotion with it. So when the deal fell through, your parents (as many people are) were upset, because the situation has changed suddenly and those positive emotions of excitement and hope are not there any more. But also, moving house is a huge headache. A lot of work is done before the deal is even signed off, and when a deal falls through, it means a lot of time, money and energy has been wasted. It's a big hassle, and when it falls through, it's upsetting. So it may take some time for them to deal with it, and that's okay. Perhaps let them know that you're here if they need you, but give them a little space for a whilex

Much love <3

• thanks for this. It helps! But I can’t help but wonder why They need space from me but not others? :/

• From your message, it sounds like they might have wanted space form everyone but your aunt didn't respect this and went around anyway? If not, could it be that your aunt has been in a similar situation, which meant they could have talked about a shared experience?

• Relationships within families are complicated. And often illogical. 

My relationship with my parents and other family was twisted beyond insanity. I can't even begin to describe it.

Reply Children
No Data