Assessment tomorrow. Tired and feel like a fraud

It seems a lot of people feel that way going into the assessment. Feel like I'm going to be wasting their time. Also feel unprepared because I haven't been obsessively looking at all things autism in the last couple of weeks since my assessment was rescheduled (as I had been doing the last few months...). Don't know how to prepare myself for them telling me I don't have it and you're back to square one. Of course if I don't then I don't and that's fine, but it'll be hard. I also have to leave my dogs alone for a few hours while I'm at the assessment and I'll just end up worrying about whether they're okay. Almost feel like I don't want to go. I will because I have waited a long time and I need closure either way but I feel wrong about it somewhow. Anyway. If anyone is interested I will let you know how it goes.

Parents
  • Your dogs will just take a nap until you get back. You'll  have them waiting when you get home whatever the outcome.

It seems like most people have these thoughts as you say just before the assessment  day. There is no equivalent situation I  can think of to compare it to.

I hope you get your answer tomorrow. 

• Thank you. It really is a strange situation where you can fail or pass but neither is good or bad and you can't even prepare for it to influence the outcome.

I know the dogs will be fine. They're always good when I leave them, just don't nomally leave them for that long. Just an extra thing I know I'm going to feel anxious about :( 

• Thank you. It really is a strange situation where you can fail or pass but neither is good or bad and you can't even prepare for it to influence the outcome.

I know the dogs will be fine. They're always good when I leave them, just don't nomally leave them for that long. Just an extra thing I know I'm going to feel anxious about :( 

Children
No Data