Assessment tomorrow. Tired and feel like a fraud

It seems a lot of people feel that way going into the assessment. Feel like I'm going to be wasting their time. Also feel unprepared because I haven't been obsessively looking at all things autism in the last couple of weeks since my assessment was rescheduled (as I had been doing the last few months...). Don't know how to prepare myself for them telling me I don't have it and you're back to square one. Of course if I don't then I don't and that's fine, but it'll be hard. I also have to leave my dogs alone for a few hours while I'm at the assessment and I'll just end up worrying about whether they're okay. Almost feel like I don't want to go. I will because I have waited a long time and I need closure either way but I feel wrong about it somewhow. Anyway. If anyone is interested I will let you know how it goes.

Parents
  • definitely most people do have these thoughts, I was the same and I read up loads on autism and then didn't read it anything weeks leading up to appoointments largely as it was making me anxious, but these are experts in their field somewhat they will pick stuff up and I don't think u need to prepare, I was the same I wanted to prepare, and even in some of my session I thought I was masking but they still picked loads up even stuff I didn't actually tell them, so try not to worry, u will be fine

• are experts in their field somewhat they will pick stuff up and I don't think u need to prepare, I was the same I wanted to prepare, and even in some of my session I thought I was masking but they still picked loads up even stuff I didn't actually tell them,

Yes that's true. 

• are experts in their field somewhat they will pick stuff up and I don't think u need to prepare, I was the same I wanted to prepare, and even in some of my session I thought I was masking but they still picked loads up even stuff I didn't actually tell them,

Yes that's true. 

Children