Writing to my MP

Last night I decided to write to my MP, I have been struggling while waiting for my diagnosis. In March I Googled waiting times in my area. I found a freedom of information request response.

It showed that the waiting process should be done in five months. So nine months since first going to see my doctor and the possibility of another ten months on the waiting list, fills me with dread.

I really need to get this sorted for my peace of mind.

I'm not sure if things will speed up, but I need to try and get it done. 

Parents
  • Interesting tactic. I'd be interested to know what happens.  I once got my MPs office involved with a GP matter I coudnt get sorted . My complaint was only handled by a minion,  but it worked. Boy oh boy does it resolve the problem quickly when you play the MP card. People who have ignored you suddenly can't  do enough for you .

Good luck!

• My GP said there was nothing they could do and would not re-refer me having not provided any information about me as required to get an assessment which resulted in it being declined. Raised and NHS complaint who contacted all parties, who said I should go back to my GP and ask for a re-referral, which I did. All of a sudden they were more than happy to re-refer me. Unfortunately in a world full of incompetence, you need to speak up, complain, kick up a stick, etc, in order to get what you need. Stick at it and give them grief from every angle you can...

• Sadly this is usually the case yes. My current GP has been great though. Credit where credits due. Shame that it's so rare that people just do what you ask them to first time and you have to spend hours of your life chasing things in an already stressful situation. 

• Sadly this is usually the case yes. My current GP has been great though. Credit where credits due. Shame that it's so rare that people just do what you ask them to first time and you have to spend hours of your life chasing things in an already stressful situation. 

Children
No Data