Out there thinking - ASD/OCD is an autoimmune response to disease

PANDAS can see that autism can happen at any time, in response to an illness. This research paper goes further linking any immune stressor to physically changing the brain chemistry/biology to improve your chances at living. You actually avoid human contact and wash more often - on a subconscious level. Manifest as ASD and OCD and others.

You have seen the opposite in mice infected with a parasite, who seem more attracted to cats, - https://www.nature.com/news/parasite-makes-mice-lose-fear-of-cats-permanently-1.13777

"The results are novel, as this sensitive and comprehensive testing has revealed how prenatal and early postnatal immune activation may regulate core behavioral signs associated with ASD and certain other developmental disorders through changes in signal flow between different structural components of behavior-driving neural circuits," said Bolshakov. "These findings may be of a significant translational value, as they provide important clues to understanding the mechanisms of these disorders and potentially their treatment."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180328083434.htm

Parents
  • EVERYONE!

I'm pretty sure the cause of autism is unknown. 

• I'm pretty sure the cause of autism is unknown. 

The cause of autism depends upon what happened to each autistic individual physiologically and environmentally, at the earliest stage[s] of their biological development.

Autism as a process though involves either a physiological trauma for the mother whilst pregnant at about the five or six month stage, or for the child until about three years after delivery ~ involving as time progresses more autistic trait clusters rather than the condition of autism proper. Pregnant mothers that experience persistent stress and increasing anxiety involving pregnancy and delivery (such as older mothers) is another factor also.

The repercussions of the trauma, and or the stress increasing becoming anxiety ~ involving the Freeze, Flight and Fight reaction ~ lasts long enough to set the developing genetic-cellular matrix of the baby as a fixed life long biological state, and hence the behavioural traits recognized as being Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

Social interaction, imagination and communication become as such secondary rather than primary when the Freeze, Flight and Fight reaction has been triggered, or when it is the primary or persistent state of being in terms of people on the autistic spectrum.

• I agree to disagree with you  - It is nature as well as nurture

I am not sure quite how you managed to think that I was not describing both genetic (natural) and epigenetic (nurtural) influences ~ being that genetic programming results from epigenetic conditioning.

My assumption without clarification from your good self is that I missed out an 's' and failed to pluralize the word 'stage' (in the second tract of the first sentence) in reference to the plural stages of development ~ gestation, delivery and post delivery ~ that I went on to describe.

I only described these things in functional terms, leaving accounts of nurture to anyone who may wish to respond according to their individual experiences and perspectives.

So rather than as previously stated:

The cause of autism depends upon what happened to each autistic individual physiologically and environmentally, at the earliest stage of their biological development.

I have added a square bracketed [s] to the last tract of the first sentence as follows:

The cause of autism depends upon what happened to each autistic individual physiologically and environmentally, at the earliest stage[s] of their biological development.

I will correct my previous post likewise above too.

I am assuming however rightly or wrongly that you may agree with the genetic predetermination hypothesis, and or that you may disagree with the epigenetic freeze, flight and fight theory.

As far though as nature and nurture go  ~ It is neither one nor the other but both together! 

Reply Children