Ongoing assessment saga

So last year I saw my GP because my anxiety seemed to be gradually worse and medication (Citalopram) wasn't having much effect (I was also on anti migraine medication).

So we discussed whether there was an underlying reason for my stress and anxiety seemed to be getting worse over the last few years?

The result of this was for me to write 8 of notes pages that I gave my GP in order for him to seek advice as to whether there warranted further investigation.

However, after about 3 months, he said he could not find anyone to take a look and so I asked for a private referral.

This resulted in me seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist at the end of May, who said he was 95% sure that I had Aspergers. But in his letter to my GP stated he always seeked a second opinion but was having trouble finding a suitable available Psychologist. 

Yesterday marked 6 weeks since my consultation and asked what was happening. Apparently, I had been referred to Hampshire & Surrey Psychology. I contacted them and was replied with their process for assessment.

To my irritation, it appears I have to pay (~£300) for another consultation to determine whether it is worth me having the full assessment (at an addition cost of £1500).

I just feel that my consultation with the Psychiatrist was a waste of time and money :(

I have to wait two weeks for my second consultation :(

Parents Reply Children
No Data