Diagnosis Help!

I’m wondering if anyone out there knows where to go to upon seeking a diagnosis for an adult who is house bound and cannot attend an appointment. Are there services out there that provide this kind of diagnostic service at home? 

• thank you for your response. Yes I feel any 'official' diagnosis would be really helpful, however my experience is that our local GP has used medication to lessen his physical symptoms and nobody addresses his mental health. I have tried to advocate for him as he struggles to talk to anyone new however because he is over 18 they often aren't interested in what I have to say. 

• There are some private diagnosis services: https://www.autism.org.uk/directory/browse/cid=80~aid=1.aspx

But you might need to contact them individually to find out whether they have the ability to do home visits.

This is for my brother who is agoraphobic and suffers with severe aniexty and panic attacks. I’m hoping official diagnosis would help access services further down the line and ensure he is classed as a vulnerable adult.

Based on your observations of these behaviours, it seems that the most disabling things for your brother is agoraphobia, severe anxiety, and panic attacks. It's possible that he has ASD as well, but wouldn't a diagnosis in any of the three other categories also ensure he is classed as a vulnerable adult so he can get access to services? 

• I think the only avenue would be through community mental health in the UK, for a general mental health assessment.

• Hi thank you for response. This is for my brother who is agoraphobic and suffers with severe aniexty and panic attacks. I’m hoping official diagnosis would help access services further down the line and ensure he is classed as a vulnerable adult. I feel like he’s been dropped off the radar and it is a struggle to advocate for him and try to explain what his difficulties are. I would be happy to pay privately however I’m struggling to actually find any information or services. He is under the GP who has given him home visits, he is on medication, however i feel it doesn’t address the long term issues.

• Well you can do online diagnostic tests, but the query would be why do you want to know a diagnosis? Which country you are in. In the UK I don't think there is any such service, although you may get a private practitioner to see you at some cost