What are your random hobbies/fascinations/collections?

I've just come across a bag of stones I've kept for years. I have a thing for stones I dint know why but I can forget time if I'm looking at or for unusual stones. 

I also have gardening as a hobby that I think about way too much and spend hours on but I think that's a more socially acceptable hobby in a nt world

• i started my career doing public shows at a centre, i then branched into breeding hybrids for the middle eastern market at a private collection and then pest control too.
    Due to my sleep disorder i dont have any birds atm but i think i might get a redtail next year just for bunnies. I left the public shows for a few reasons, one being that i dont like people lol

• I love historic buildings too. I used to love looking around castles. Now I'm stuck in the 1940s. I used to dress 40s and would love to live in a 40s house. I could easily be without technology

• She's 20 - she's been doing professional displays to the huntin' shootin' fishin' country set for the past 5 years.

What birds do you have?

• I have been obsessed with birds since I was a small child, I've been a falconer for over 20 years now, its been a good career.  How long has your daughter been flying birds?

• I used to collect, I don't anymore.

And I don't anymore since I realised the psychology of collecting to address the areas of my life I was collecting to make up for.

But hobbies if any, I create art and I fix stuff most often for no reward beyond the delight I feel in helping others, to in unemployment, feel useful.

But prior to this year I did a decade of dance tuition primarily to address the dyspraxia, but beyond that - community and am now attempting to realise a  long held dream, to be able to read music and play a musical instrument.

• I keep lots of boxes too, I like the thought or recycling and saving money. I will keep hold of any left over screws that come from taking anything apart and also any pieces of wood from packaging because I may need it in the future for something. My garage is full of things.

• I have every one of the Whiskers shed by Connie, my Dear departed Cat. I keep them in a bottle and there are hundreds in there! She had a curious habit of looking me in the eye and holding my gaze, always seemed to be "monitoring" me in some way and I found that a pleasant, comforting notion-even though I am sure that her main concern was keeping me on the rails so as not to interrupt the food supply. I miss her and think about her every day but I have so many good memories of our time together I do not feel sad. When I die, I will have the Whiskers buried with me (my offspring are aware of my wishes!)

• castles because I get a feeling of what it must of been like all them years ago whilst walking around and I always have to feel the stone they were built from

Yes! I love castles for this very reason. I like to think of all the people that lived and died there, what it must have been like, felt like and smelt like. I like to look through the archer slits in the turrets/towers and try to imagine what the fear must have felt like when an approaching army was gathering to attack..

• I don't know why but I've recently started a fascination with car air fresheners... I can't throw them away and I'm collecting them on my indicator and window wiper sticks. I'm not even sure why, there's the obvious smell of them but I don't think that's it because they fade so quickly (giving me an excuse to buy another!). I like to grab them every now and again. 

I keep boxes too. From all the products I buy. Don't know why but I can't throw them away. They take up so much space too! It's usually from the gadgets and gaming products I buy, I'm weirdly ok with throwing shoe boxes out.

• Some of my facinations are old historic buildings and the architecture, castles because I get a feeling of what it must of been like all them years ago whilst walking around and I always have to feel the stone they were built from. I love looking at the greeness of grass in the summer when its cut short and had plenty of water to help it grow healthy.

Collections are lots of old coins one particular dating back to 1896 an old 1 pence I have, shillings numerous different 50p coins with different pictures etc. I don't collect them because they are worth anything as they probably aren't, but I just love looking at them. I have also collections of mugs but they are just stored away as new I won't ever use them I just like having the collection also car statistic cards limited edition and Lego models still in original packaging that I'll never put together as i like to preserve them as new. I have many collections too many to list.

• Cool - my daughter is a falconer too.

• I do this too! I'd spend 3 or 4 hours walking and forget the time as I was just searching for stones fosils or seaglass. I've bought a few gem stones but I like searching more like yourself 

• Falconer, archer, bladesmith, hypnotist, hunter, shooter, biker. All passions of mine which help calm the brain

• I like collecting stones as well, and fossils. I've been collecting them since I was a child, and would happily spend hours at a time searching the beach on holidays. I don't know much about geology, though.

Most are quite common and ordinary, I know that I could buy much better ones in a shop or online, but I'm not bothered. I did buy myself a chunk of fossilised wood once, but I don't have the same feeling of attachment to it. I enjoy searching, and looking at what I've found reminds me of happy times.

There's also that moment, (which David Attenborough describes in one of his programmes), where you split a rock and find yourself looking at a fossil which hasn't seen the light of day for millions of years, and which you are the first human to see.  It is, as he describes, a "moment of magic."

• I'm hoping for a pin-vice for father's day.   Smiley

• That's a very logical collection. Your tools have a use. Thanks for sharing 

• I collect tools.   It makes me feel secure and capable and prepared if I have a tool to solve every problem that I might ever come across.  I have multiples of my favourite tools in case one gets lost of damaged.