The RBQ2a - standardised self-report for Restricted and Repetitive Behaviours in Adults

This took some digging to find! We're all so familiar with the AQ50, EQ, RAADS-R etc but I've not heard this one discussed much.

As far as I can tell, it was developed by Cardiff uni around 2015.

I haven't found an easy online version of it, but you can get the questions out of the paper here:

https://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10803-015-2514-6

If you answer the questions in Table 1, you can work out a score.

If I'm interpreting the scoring correctly, you can work it out as follows:

Add up your responses according to the number 1,2,3 at the top of the columns. You should get a number between 20 and 60.

If you want to see where you fall on the scale as a total, convert this to a number between 1 and 3 by dividing by 20 [Edit - previously said 60 here, incorrectly], and then look at Table 4 which effectively says:

• NT Score = mean 1.25 with standard deviation 0.19
  • ASD Score = mean 1.84 with standard deviation 0.45

There are also instructions here:

https://research.ncl.ac.uk/cargo-ne/Repetitive Behaviour Questionnaire (RBQ-2)scoring final1.pdf

...on how to work out sub-scores for 4 different factors which I haven't yet looked at.

I scored myself 1.6 (raw score 32, taking care not to over inflate my report in the ASD direction) which is within one SD of the ASD mean and more than one SD away from the NT mean. So unless I've done something wrong, this is evidence of ASD-like RRBs that my NHS assessment hasn't (yet, hopefully!) found sufficient evidence for.

I'd be really interested to know other people's scores!

This could so easily be turned into an online version too....have I missed one I wonder?

Parents
  • An example: I'll change my clothes but always wear the same type of trousers ,unless for a special occasion .

Another example: I'll collect lots of  articles on my USB drive and jot down things on numerous bits of paper , but don't collect things like beer mats, sci fi memorabilia etc

Another one : I   tend to watch episodes of some tv programmes again and again when they come on the tv rather than looking for another show to watch.

• Yeah I'm like that with clothes, I literally live in different sets of jeggings and a jumper, unless it's really hot. I'm also a repeat offender of finding a track that I like on a CD and then playing it over and over..........

• I pick an outfit and then wear it until I have to change it. I hate then having to pick the next outfit but once picked, I do the same with that. 95% of my wardrobe is the same colour anyway but I like to wear the same clothes again and again. I work from home so mostly this goes uninterupted. If I have to go into an office or am doing an activity that requires specific clothing then that interrupts it but other than that I just like to wear the same. I remember watching a Chris Packham programme where he showed his wardrobe and the fact that he buys the same item several times and was the first time I'd heard of anyone else doing that. Just makes complete sense to me! 

• I change my clothes every day but I have lots of the same type of clothes, lots of pairs of jeggings, lots of jumpers, lots of t-shirts. So it's easy to just put the same combination of jeggings, jumper, t-shirt on every day. It's easy. The only time it's different is when it's far too hot for jeggings then I 'll wear a dress. 

• I change my clothes every day but I have lots of the same type of clothes, lots of pairs of jeggings, lots of jumpers, lots of t-shirts. So it's easy to just put the same combination of jeggings, jumper, t-shirt on every day. It's easy. The only time it's different is when it's far too hot for jeggings then I 'll wear a dress. 

Children
No Data