Received assessment report this morning

Social communication 3 Social interaction 5.

Conclusion- I fit the criteria for ICD 10 Asperger syndrome . It confirms what I've felt for decades but a string of psychiatrists before the latest one had failed to consider, ie there's more going on than severe mental illness.

Parents
  • Congratulations, how does it feel? I'm at the beginning of the whole process and already feel worn out by it... I hate using the phone to chase, and my doctors has a ridiculously long menu to get through to reception (if they pick up), so I tend to drop in on my way back from work in person only to be told the same thing.

• It feels good to have my beliefs vindicated.     It's obvious from my experience, and others, that there needs to be a greater acknowledgement that for some being on the spectrum and having a mental illness go together. That an approach that factors in both for such individuals  would result in better outcomes for them.

• The whole process to me seems very anti-autism, but it seems to be the way of the world:

The word 'dyslexia' is incredibly hard to spell

Saying the word 'lisp' if you have a lisp

And my personal favourite 'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' which is the term for the fear of long words....

• The whole process to me seems very anti-autism, but it seems to be the way of the world:

The word 'dyslexia' is incredibly hard to spell

Saying the word 'lisp' if you have a lisp

And my personal favourite 'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' which is the term for the fear of long words....

Children
No Data