Received assessment report this morning

Social communication 3 Social interaction 5.

Conclusion- I fit the criteria for ICD 10 Asperger syndrome . It confirms what I've felt for decades but a string of psychiatrists before the latest one had failed to consider, ie there's more going on than severe mental illness.

Parents
  • They did say the clinical picture is complicated further by my diagnosis of schizophrenia, anxiety and possible dyspraxia. . That it's always difficult in such cases to make sense of what may be due to one disorder or another.

• Depending upon the background to and the timing of the other diagnoses, i'd be wondering about autism as a kind of organising umbrella.  In my case, and my sons too, i see some of the other diagnoses as quite logically spinning out of the effects of undiagnosed, therefore unsupported, autism.  Feeling different, at odds with the world and quite often unaccepted or isolated was always quite likely to lead to difficulties that would then come under other labels, with clinicians believing they'd somehow diagnosed the cause.  For me undiagnosed autism provided the soil in which the other issues grew. 

• Depending upon the background to and the timing of the other diagnoses, i'd be wondering about autism as a kind of organising umbrella.  In my case, and my sons too, i see some of the other diagnoses as quite logically spinning out of the effects of undiagnosed, therefore unsupported, autism.  Feeling different, at odds with the world and quite often unaccepted or isolated was always quite likely to lead to difficulties that would then come under other labels, with clinicians believing they'd somehow diagnosed the cause.  For me undiagnosed autism provided the soil in which the other issues grew. 

Children
No Data