Received assessment report this morning

Social communication 3 Social interaction 5.

Conclusion- I fit the criteria for ICD 10 Asperger syndrome . It confirms what I've felt for decades but a string of psychiatrists before the latest one had failed to consider, ie there's more going on than severe mental illness.

Parents
  • Hello,   It must be a huge relief to see it in writing! I was also diagnosed with aspergers thre weeks  ago but I’m waiting for the diagnostic report.    I am a little confused though, because I didn’t think aspergers  was used as a diagnosis any longer. 

•  I am a little confused though, because I didn’t think aspergers  was used as a diagnosis any longer. 

I think it still is in the UK and in many European countries. DSM-5 have combined everything into ASD, but many countries use ICD-10, and it has Aspergers as a diagnosis. I got my formal diagnosis a couple months ago, and also had Aspergers in my report, but it also noted that it's also now known as autism.

•  I am a little confused though, because I didn’t think aspergers  was used as a diagnosis any longer. 

I think it still is in the UK and in many European countries. DSM-5 have combined everything into ASD, but many countries use ICD-10, and it has Aspergers as a diagnosis. I got my formal diagnosis a couple months ago, and also had Aspergers in my report, but it also noted that it's also now known as autism.

Children
No Data