Birthday Plans

Hello, 

In a few months, I will be the big 3-0! 

People keep asking me what I am doing to mark the occasion but I feel like there is little point. When I was 16 I had a party and some friends and family turned up and for my 18th I had a party at a pub. They were both organised by my mum's then-boyfriend who is now the dad of my two siblings. 

If it hadn't been for him I wouldn't have celebrated, and it's due to the past experiences that I am reluctant to celebrate in any way. No one really turned up for my 18th, and after that, I stopped celebrating birthdays because no one wanted to celebrate with me and they have just become another day in my life. 

Every birthday I've always said the next one would be different but they never are. 

My sister who is twelve said her dad would throw me a party again but I told her there'd be no point because nobody would turn up and the fact I have no friends to speak of makes me not want to bother too. 

How do you deal with birthdays? Do you like to celebrate? 

Parents
  • Hey :) 

I know that birthday parties sound like they have to be big, but a lot of people actually prefer a smaller, more intimate group with a few closer friends/family. Something like a meal out as a small group can be a really nice evening out - it doesn't have to be a big event to be an enjoyable one!

I think that birthdays can be a nice excuse to go out with friends/family and have fun with loved ones. So if the idea of 'celebrating your birthday' isn't appealing, then it can be 'a fun evening out with friends', that just happens to be on your birthday!x

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

I know that birthday parties sound like they have to be big, but a lot of people actually prefer a smaller, more intimate group with a few closer friends/family. Something like a meal out as a small group can be a really nice evening out - it doesn't have to be a big event to be an enjoyable one!

I think that birthdays can be a nice excuse to go out with friends/family and have fun with loved ones. So if the idea of 'celebrating your birthday' isn't appealing, then it can be 'a fun evening out with friends', that just happens to be on your birthday!x

Much love <3

Children
No Data