Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

Parents
  • To me it sounds like poor communication and management on their part rather than any reflection on you.  If tasks are reassigned then it makes sense for the smooth running of the organisation not to mention staff morale to keep all parties informed.  

I appreciate it's difficult not to take it personally, but I would probably bring it up at the next reasonable opportunity (any 1:1s or other review, perhaps) just to check whether there were any reasons you should be aware of.  Also, just to confirm it wasn't personal, I'd notice how this person behaves with other employees.  Perhaps they're like this all the time? 

• He'll end up getting the sack if he brought something up like that! He already said they were happy with his work, what does he want, to be crowned the king of the company or something, like he's the only one effected by the changes. Don't encourage him to make himself look like an idiot. And he's not at nursery, he's in an adult role, managers, unlike teachers, don't have to tell the kids, I mean employees everything, although if they are aware of his autism, they could have a word with him so as to make him realise it's not all about him. It's not a conspiracy, he doesn't have to start becoming a blinking detective on top of doing his job and feeling p****d off. It's classic autistic brain functioning, that's why the nt people aren't taking it personally, because it's not personal. He just needs to channel his feelings and if taking offence helps, then so be it. We all have different ways of coping. I often get over things by taking offence or at least I used to, until I found other ways, but I still will sometimes because it's just easier that way, for me, sometimes. I don't see what's wrong in just feeling offended?

• He'll end up getting the sack if he brought something up like that! He already said they were happy with his work, what does he want, to be crowned the king of the company or something, like he's the only one effected by the changes. Don't encourage him to make himself look like an idiot. And he's not at nursery, he's in an adult role, managers, unlike teachers, don't have to tell the kids, I mean employees everything, although if they are aware of his autism, they could have a word with him so as to make him realise it's not all about him. It's not a conspiracy, he doesn't have to start becoming a blinking detective on top of doing his job and feeling p****d off. It's classic autistic brain functioning, that's why the nt people aren't taking it personally, because it's not personal. He just needs to channel his feelings and if taking offence helps, then so be it. We all have different ways of coping. I often get over things by taking offence or at least I used to, until I found other ways, but I still will sometimes because it's just easier that way, for me, sometimes. I don't see what's wrong in just feeling offended?

Children
  • Errmm Wavey.. why have you upvoted someone's intention to commit suicide!! Crikey!

• I am considerably older than thirty eight, but thanks for the compliment ....

• Are you under 38 by any chance?? 

• The remark by the black sherriff in Blazing Saddles is quite relevant to that reply ....and I don't expect you to understand the relevance of that either.

• Don’t worry, you all might just get lucky. I’ve just come through one suicidal episode, maybe not being accepted, even in the autism community, might just be the trigger that makes me successful. Keep your fingers crossed that something upsets me today and you might hit jack pot ~ blueray, the self obsessed, clearly severely autistic but unconditionally loving autistic person has finally departed this earth plane, then you can all say, thank god.

I get the message, thank you for spelling it out for me, I really do appreciate that, I really am autistic so I honestly don’t pick up on this ***, but you spelled it out loud and clear and I’m autistic but not sTupi d, I can understand I’M NOT WELCOME! I get it Pray tone3 Thank you 

• Sometimes people have their head stuck up their bottom so far they just spout rubbish and not realise it.

And I agree enirely with your remark.  There seems to be a belief that offending people is ok because of autism. And being selfish, spouting absolute tripe, taking over posts, replying even though there is nothing to say that adds anything except controversy.  

And then the absolute arrogance of the reply.  Perhaps that poster should learn that her comments are not always welcome and not just excuse herself as being autistic.

• Dude can I ask you no longer reply to this thread.

Your input is not constructive and to be perfectly honest you're irritating me.