Can autistic adults lie convincingly?

I decided to delete the content. Thanks for the comments.

Parents
  • Picking up on what said, I CAN lie I just DON'T (99% of the time) and like Former Member if I do lie no-one would spot it - but it would be a one-off, situation-specific lie - or more likely a skilful use of the truth but omission of certain facts which would allow the hearer to make a false assumption.

• Yep @neekby - I don't 99% of the time, partly it wouldn't occur to me but if it did I'd think it's wrong. However, there is that 1% of the time when I realise that the 'correct' answer isn't "Yeah boss sir, I slept badly, I did wake up with just enough time to get to work but I felt like hell and decided to have some toast and tea first and blame it on the transport system". Oddly though, if I try to lie about what I actually think about something just to avoid annoying an aunt unnecessarily or something, apparently I look at best patronising and at worst like Uriah Heep so I've learned to just go ahead and annoy the aunt with the truth rather than a poorly-delivered lie.

• Yep @neekby - I don't 99% of the time, partly it wouldn't occur to me but if it did I'd think it's wrong. However, there is that 1% of the time when I realise that the 'correct' answer isn't "Yeah boss sir, I slept badly, I did wake up with just enough time to get to work but I felt like hell and decided to have some toast and tea first and blame it on the transport system". Oddly though, if I try to lie about what I actually think about something just to avoid annoying an aunt unnecessarily or something, apparently I look at best patronising and at worst like Uriah Heep so I've learned to just go ahead and annoy the aunt with the truth rather than a poorly-delivered lie.

Children