Can autistic adults lie convincingly?

I decided to delete the content. Thanks for the comments.

Parents
  • I'm generally po faced truthful and usually it would never occur to me to lie. I get really miffed at the endless 'little white lies' NTs waffle because I'm prone to take them literally and feel a fool when I realise (and probably look a fool more often than I realise). However, if an occasion very clearly calls for a lie I can reel one off cool as a cucumber. I just need it clearly signposted as a situation where the truth is going to get me into trouble. My feeling is that lying is only morally reprehensible when intended to damage or distress any innocent human being. I'm just mostly too stupid to know when I'm supposed to lie Smiley  If you think your friend is intentionally decieving you then I'd give it a wide berth, if just 'bigging her or himself up' then it's boring but whatevs.

• I'm generally po faced truthful and usually it would never occur to me to lie. I get really miffed at the endless 'little white lies' NTs waffle because I'm prone to take them literally and feel a fool when I realise (and probably look a fool more often than I realise). However, if an occasion very clearly calls for a lie I can reel one off cool as a cucumber. I just need it clearly signposted as a situation where the truth is going to get me into trouble. My feeling is that lying is only morally reprehensible when intended to damage or distress any innocent human being. I'm just mostly too stupid to know when I'm supposed to lie Smiley  If you think your friend is intentionally decieving you then I'd give it a wide berth, if just 'bigging her or himself up' then it's boring but whatevs.

Children
No Data