Do you ever feel guilty?

Do you ever feel guilty because of your behaviour due to your autism? I'm not really thinking extreme behaviour, more the little things.

I'm asking this because the other day I saw my parents for the first time in a while. I spent the whole time I saw them waffling on about myself and things I wanted to talk about. Afterwards I realised that it hadn't occurred to me to ask them how they were or what they'd been doing. I felt a bit bad when I realised this. I don't want them to think I don't care. I feel quite selfish when this happens but its not because I don't care about them and their lives. It just never occurred to me to ask and I find conversations about other people hard to keep going.

Do other people have situations like this and then feel guilty?

Parents
    • Your parents probably loved hearing all about what you've been up to since you've not seen them for a while. It's hard to ask other people about themselves and its hard to pretend you're interested when you've spaced out (I do this after a while even if i am interested). Next time you could have two questions ready to ask before you talk about what you've been doing. The fact that you realise what is happening is a good thing and you're learning from it. Communication is also really hard for ADHD people like me (I have an adult ASD son) as we don't pick up the cues. We either talk too much or hardly talk at all and we tend to zone out a lot. 
    • Your parents probably loved hearing all about what you've been up to since you've not seen them for a while. It's hard to ask other people about themselves and its hard to pretend you're interested when you've spaced out (I do this after a while even if i am interested). Next time you could have two questions ready to ask before you talk about what you've been doing. The fact that you realise what is happening is a good thing and you're learning from it. Communication is also really hard for ADHD people like me (I have an adult ASD son) as we don't pick up the cues. We either talk too much or hardly talk at all and we tend to zone out a lot. 
Children
No Data