I am autistic

I keep saying it over and  over in my head since I was diagnosed last month. Sometimes it doesn't seem real. Sometimes I replace it with "I have always been autistic" . I went through my diaries looking for evidence and found it. 40 years of not knowing. Does this change my future ? It can't change my past but it can explain an awful lot. I still don't know quite what to do with this information. I am autistic . Fact.

Parents
  • Hey :) 

It sounds like you're still coming to terms with your diagnosis, and that's okay! Give yourself time to fully comprehend what this means, and more importantly, what you need to do looking ahead. How do you manage difficult situations, or any particular issues? 

Most importantly though, remember that a diagnosis doesn't necessarily mean a seismic lifestyle shift. You keep on enjoying life as you did before - it just has a name now, that's all. Keep going strong, you're doing great! But if you do need to talk about any questions or issues etc, talking to your GP, or other people on here, is helpful too!x

Much love <3

• Hey :) 

It sounds like you're still coming to terms with your diagnosis, and that's okay! Give yourself time to fully comprehend what this means, and more importantly, what you need to do looking ahead. How do you manage difficult situations, or any particular issues? 

Most importantly though, remember that a diagnosis doesn't necessarily mean a seismic lifestyle shift. You keep on enjoying life as you did before - it just has a name now, that's all. Keep going strong, you're doing great! But if you do need to talk about any questions or issues etc, talking to your GP, or other people on here, is helpful too!x

Much love <3

Children