I accept I'm probably pedantic

But do people really have to put me down because of it? Twice recently on another forum I'v had a difference of opinion with some other posters.It was thrown at me to discredit my opinion that I was being pedantic.

Parents
  • I build in a lot of slop for dealing with people - they often say things that are not true.  

I learnt a long time ago that there's no point arguing with idiots - they drag you down to their level where they can beat you with experience.

When I get conflicting information about things, I seek out the definitive truth and then use that as my basis of operation.

If others want to do things incorrectly, that's their problem - I can help and guide, but ultimately, it's their problem if things go wrong.  Documenting things via e-mail with them protects my position.   If the SHTF, I have the documentation available to defend myself when people investigate.  Trust no-one.

The problem is every time I get told I'm doing things wrong or people want to argue with me when they are in the wrong, biting my tongue every time hurts my heart. 

It's annoying to just have to downgrade my opinion of those around me a little further into the 'idiot realm'.

• I build in a lot of slop for dealing with people - they often say things that are not true.  

I learnt a long time ago that there's no point arguing with idiots - they drag you down to their level where they can beat you with experience.

When I get conflicting information about things, I seek out the definitive truth and then use that as my basis of operation.

If others want to do things incorrectly, that's their problem - I can help and guide, but ultimately, it's their problem if things go wrong.  Documenting things via e-mail with them protects my position.   If the SHTF, I have the documentation available to defend myself when people investigate.  Trust no-one.

The problem is every time I get told I'm doing things wrong or people want to argue with me when they are in the wrong, biting my tongue every time hurts my heart. 

It's annoying to just have to downgrade my opinion of those around me a little further into the 'idiot realm'.

Children
No Data