Parents
  • Get this weird build up of emotions to my head. Stop being able to think straight. Usually end up doing one or more of the following: crying, shouting, swearing, completely shutting down.

Triggers: overload, change/unexpected, being shouted at or told off, people not listening to me.

It's often a combination of the above. And can be made worse by anxiety and tiredness.

The only solution is to take myself away and have some alone time. This can stop it being full blown but I probably still shut down a little. If someone else has upset me I tend to need to talk it through otherwise the feelings tend to remain even after alone time. I have to have had time to calm down first though.

• Get this weird build up of emotions to my head. Stop being able to think straight. Usually end up doing one or more of the following: crying, shouting, swearing, completely shutting down.

Triggers: overload, change/unexpected, being shouted at or told off, people not listening to me.

It's often a combination of the above. And can be made worse by anxiety and tiredness.

The only solution is to take myself away and have some alone time. This can stop it being full blown but I probably still shut down a little. If someone else has upset me I tend to need to talk it through otherwise the feelings tend to remain even after alone time. I have to have had time to calm down first though.

Children