Invading personal space

This was mentioned by the assessor at my 3rd ASD assessment. I confess to being puzzled about it. We were all sitting in chairs quite close to each other so I can’t see how I could have avoided doing so if how close you are to someone dictates it. That is not to say I am a good judge of what’s appropriate re personal space. I may be poor at it . I just can’t see how I could have avoided doing so in the situation I’ve described.

Parents
  • Someone  said it was deliberate that the chairs were close together to see if I was aware of the concept of personal space.  I could see that if it had been a fairly large room with the chairs close together. However as it was quite a small room the chairs were going to be quite close together anyway .

• I don't like chairs being too close either and also have to sit as close to the door as possible, in a small room that would be awful, maybe they were trying to see your reaction? I  have to say if they sat too close to me they wouldn't like my reaction! I dont like touch at the best of times let alone enforced.

• I don't like chairs being too close either and also have to sit as close to the door as possible, in a small room that would be awful, maybe they were trying to see your reaction? I  have to say if they sat too close to me they wouldn't like my reaction! I dont like touch at the best of times let alone enforced.

Children
No Data