Invading personal space

This was mentioned by the assessor at my 3rd ASD assessment. I confess to being puzzled about it. We were all sitting in chairs quite close to each other so I can’t see how I could have avoided doing so if how close you are to someone dictates it. That is not to say I am a good judge of what’s appropriate re personal space. I may be poor at it . I just can’t see how I could have avoided doing so in the situation I’ve described.

• Completely agree.  I live in a co-living community which is great because we have events such as coffee mornings - what is not so great is that I have to share a kitchen and I hate it when my "neighbour" is in there - thumping about right outside my door.   

• I still may have the ADOS to do on May 3rd. I think it's to do with the lack of early childhood info. The assessor is going to review what she has  to see if she can give a diagnosis without the ADOS.

• It's the only thing I can think of. If the chairs were already set out I don't see how you invaded personal space. Weren't aware of it maybe but not invaded. If they didn't move their chair either then surely they'd have been just as guilty of "invading" your space? Was that your last appointment? I'd want to ask so I'd know the answer.

• I don't like chairs being too close either and also have to sit as close to the door as possible, in a small room that would be awful, maybe they were trying to see your reaction? I  have to say if they sat too close to me they wouldn't like my reaction! I dont like touch at the best of times let alone enforced.

• I didn't touch anyone.  As for leaning over- If i did I didn't notice that I did.

• Impossible to really comment without being there. 

If the chairs were already very close together then I don't see what you could have done. I personally would hate to be that close to someone but if you'd moved the chair it could have been seen as rude or antisocial so I'm not sure what you were supposed to do. 

Did you lean over or touch someone or anything where you may have put yourself even more in their space?

• Someone  said it was deliberate that the chairs were close together to see if I was aware of the concept of personal space.  I could see that if it had been a fairly large room with the chairs close together. However as it was quite a small room the chairs were going to be quite close together anyway .

• Sounds like a stupid question from the assessor.   Personally, I hate people being close to me with their breathing, farting, shuffling, fidgeting, sniffing, smells, and generally just them being there.   If they're close enough to touch me, they're too close.