Enemas, Bleach and Sex whilst swimming in camels milk ain't going to shift it! - Amazon is gradually removing book titles touting cures for Autism

Books that promise cures for autism through potentially dangerous therapies have been quietly removed from Amazon over the last week.

Amazon is selling books that teach parents how to subject their autistic children to harmful “treatment” regimes that include drinking, bathing in and making enemas out of a toxic, bleach-like substance. Other pseudoscientific books available on the website instruct parents to force their children to undergo chelation – a treatment intended for arsenic and lead poisoning that caused the death of an autistic boy in 2005.

A search for “autism cure” on Amazon brings up dozens of books positing pseudoscientific solutions for autism spectrum disorder – a complex and lifelong developmental disability that has no known cure. But Amazon’s virtual bookshelves are stacked high with titles that recommend a long list of unproven and dangerous autism cures, including sex, yoga, camel milk, electroconvulsive therapy and veganism.

www.wired.co.uk/.../amazon-autism-fake-cure-books

www.theguardian.com/.../amazon-pulls-books-offering-dangerous-cures-for-autism

Parents
  • Bezos is a ***, nothing new there - but what *really* appalls me is that parents actually hold down their children and forcibly administer bleach enemas. WTF? Apparently they're not discouraged when their children's skin starts to ulcerate and weep and they double up with agonizing abdominal pain. What in the name of God is wrong with these people? I know there is pitiful support for parents struggling with low-functioning children with challenging behaviour, fits, seizures etc and I don't know how I'd cope myself but I say again, in which universe does it strike a parent as reasonable to violently and forcibly poison their own children by holding them down and squirting corrosive substances into their intestines? If you can't look after them, at least have the sense to hand them over to qualified professionals. I just felt a wave of rage pass through me. Yes, Bezos is an irresponsible, misogynistic, narcissistic little git - but, I say again, *what* possesses a parent to abuse their children in such an appalling way? OK maybe people didn't know what's in it (although such ignorance of a substance one intends violently to administer to a child is already a disgrace - they managed to google the crap in the first place, couldn't they google what's in it?) but if your child is complaining of vicious stomach cramps and their skin is visibly ulcertating - WTF WTF WTF. And why hasn't the publisher himself been carted off to gaol? Kudos to Wired Magazine for pitching the appropriate fit about it. Really, can you begin to imagine the level of trauma experienced by those children to have such potentially maiming ongoing violence perpetrated on them by their own parents? It reminds me of bible-bashers trying to beat the devil or 'gayness' out of their children. Ignorant and indefensible. Finally, parents are being prosecuted for crimes such as FGM, I feel these parents should be charged with child abuse offenses. No doubt this post will be removed but I felt the need to get that off my chest . . .

• Bezos is a ***, nothing new there - but what *really* appalls me is that parents actually hold down their children and forcibly administer bleach enemas. WTF? Apparently they're not discouraged when their children's skin starts to ulcerate and weep and they double up with agonizing abdominal pain. What in the name of God is wrong with these people? I know there is pitiful support for parents struggling with low-functioning children with challenging behaviour, fits, seizures etc and I don't know how I'd cope myself but I say again, in which universe does it strike a parent as reasonable to violently and forcibly poison their own children by holding them down and squirting corrosive substances into their intestines? If you can't look after them, at least have the sense to hand them over to qualified professionals. I just felt a wave of rage pass through me. Yes, Bezos is an irresponsible, misogynistic, narcissistic little git - but, I say again, *what* possesses a parent to abuse their children in such an appalling way? OK maybe people didn't know what's in it (although such ignorance of a substance one intends violently to administer to a child is already a disgrace - they managed to google the crap in the first place, couldn't they google what's in it?) but if your child is complaining of vicious stomach cramps and their skin is visibly ulcertating - WTF WTF WTF. And why hasn't the publisher himself been carted off to gaol? Kudos to Wired Magazine for pitching the appropriate fit about it. Really, can you begin to imagine the level of trauma experienced by those children to have such potentially maiming ongoing violence perpetrated on them by their own parents? It reminds me of bible-bashers trying to beat the devil or 'gayness' out of their children. Ignorant and indefensible. Finally, parents are being prosecuted for crimes such as FGM, I feel these parents should be charged with child abuse offenses. No doubt this post will be removed but I felt the need to get that off my chest . . .

Children
  • what *really* appalls me is that parents actually hold down their children and forcibly administer bleach enemas.

We were talking about it in a thread a few weeks ago. It's rape, and should be treated as such in law. It serves literally no medical purpose, so there is no need to label it as a "medical mispractice". Penetration without consent, is rape. This should be classified as rape of a minor.

I say again, *what* possesses a parent to abuse their children in such an appalling way?

I'm going to be blunt, but it's them putting their needs in front of the childs. Pure, self-absorbed, narrow-sighted, reactionary reasons. The marketing is targeted at the desparate, but there's a point where sense and conscience should kick in.

The way some of these quack "cures", is marketed toward emotional manipulation of desparate people, can explain some of it, but theres a line. A glass of camel milk, is waaay different to a glass of bleach or turps. As for enemas I just can't even imagine.

Really, can you begin to imagine the level of trauma experienced by those children to have such potentially maiming ongoing violence perpetrated on them by their own parents?

Have you heard of ABA?

beat the devil or 'gayness' out of their children.

That's what ABA is. 

https://youtu.be/IjdEJdr-vfs

If ypu haven't seen that documentary before, wait until they get to ABA. It's pretty disturbing. There is a non-verbal girl of about 5 or 6, if I remember right, I could only watch it once. She doesn't like physical contact, so guess what. Her "treatment" is being held all day, and KISSED by the "doctor". He seems very happy at her distress. She is non-verbal too. Maybe I'm bad minded but I think the "doctor", has other motives for working with non-verbal, or intellectually challenged kids. Very, very, creepy. I think Packham did a great job by not going berzerk in that section. You can see the anger in him.

The kids are sent there everyday, forced to "confront", the things that they can't cope with, some severe aversions, and sensory aversions are akin to pain for a lot of autistics. This goes on for years and years. Well over half are left with severe emotional distress, things like PTSD, and severe anxiety disorders. How the hell does anyone internalise that. I don't know how their parents, or guardians can look them in the eye, everyday, knowing that they are sending them off to another day of torture.

https://rewardandconsent.blogspot.com/2017/03/they-did-it-to-us-gays-they-still-do-it.html

Lemon juice, ammonia, and electrified floors. They aren't really reassuring things to see connected to "behaviour therapy".

Finally, parents are being prosecuted for crimes such as FGM, I feel these parents should be charged with child abuse offenses.

As far as I know only one case of FGM has been successful. That's where the problem lies. A lot of these "medical practices" are carried out in private "clinics" such as the ones in Harley Street, outside of the accountability of the NHS. An oligarch's wife's plastic surgeon, is another patients genital mutilator, or "cure" administrator. Money is the curtain that hides it all.

No doubt this post will be removed but I felt the need to get that off my chest . . .

Put quack cures, fads, Emma Dalmayne, or ABA into the search. If you look back at some of the older threads, there's some new fad that is basically abuse.

Emma Dalmayne is someone worth looking into. She's an autistic lady, with autistic kids, and she's been pushing for these "cures" to be looked into for some time. She's also a campaigner against ABA.

She has a petition that is getting close to being reviewed.

https://www.change.org/p/phillip-dunne-make-autistic-cures-illegal-in-the-uk

If you want to have a look, or sign that's the link, or for anyone else reading.

The NAS seem to have no problem with this stuff being highlighted, so the more we get it off our chests, word spreads, and hopefully so does the need for action.