Finding People Difficult To Be Around, Even When i Know I'm The Problem (Selective Mutism/Workplace Issues)

Hi,

I've had a lousy day at work today, for no real reason other than the usual tension I feel around people. At my work I'm in a warehouse with another colleague and we've had big arguments in the past and from the experience I find it excruciating to be around them - I feel tension from the moment he walks in the room until I and breath sigh of relief when he is gone.

I find i have only a certain amount of tolerance for people and if I end up getting upset too often, i can no longer be open with them about anything - A strong case of Selective Mutism. I really cannot communicate with them in any measure, besides the minimal, mandatory  words I need to express over the job itself.

The problem is, I can never forgive! Once I've been pushed too far I simply cannot go back to conversing with that person in any manner. So as soon as I have this happen within a working environment it goes downhill and becomes a a very repressed place to be - Which I know I am the main offender in causing such an issue. It's just getting really bad now, tonight the feeling of being just run down and not wanting to be around anyway transitioned into home too - I'm finding just being around people to be very hard work.

I'm still waiting on my diagnosis (Been nearly a year now) and I already feel I have plenty of social debilitations - Poor Eye Contact, Narrow Subject Matters of Interest, Confusion on jokes etc. In most of my working experience I can seem normal but the cracks soon begin to show and when it does that's where I struggle - Maintaining Bonds within a working environment is the hardest part of the job for me. It's got to the point where I have no faith in looking for further employment as I feel this problem will effect any future position I obtain.

Parents
  • They play a kind of game that we are not involved in... It’s a nuerotypical game and it’s thecsane game that pack animals play. 

Chickens play it really well and in fact many of their social ideals have evolved from hens & cocks. 

At work it’s a type of Hen Pecking and it’s done in order to sort out social rank. Who ranks highest socially and then the hens will try and get you to follow/copy the cocks. It’s called the Lockstep Strategy and it’s how they climb thier social ladder. 

Chickens and in fact all birds are VERY clever too - in the same way the NTs are. I highly rate chickens intellect - LOL.... But I would never expect them to actually understand a single piece of info that is not locked into thier social convention. 

• They play a kind of game that we are not involved in... It’s a nuerotypical game and it’s thecsane game that pack animals play. 

Chickens play it really well and in fact many of their social ideals have evolved from hens & cocks. 

At work it’s a type of Hen Pecking and it’s done in order to sort out social rank. Who ranks highest socially and then the hens will try and get you to follow/copy the cocks. It’s called the Lockstep Strategy and it’s how they climb thier social ladder. 

Chickens and in fact all birds are VERY clever too - in the same way the NTs are. I highly rate chickens intellect - LOL.... But I would never expect them to actually understand a single piece of info that is not locked into thier social convention. 

Children
No Data