Going around in circles

I have just accepted a new job. This will be my 7th new job in 5 years. I start out all energetic and raring to go, but in a few months I get bogged down, frustrated, tired, distraught. Then I think the only way to solve it is to start again. How to I break this circle? How do you stay in the same job over a long time? I realise that I'm making my own problems really because the act of starting a new job is so stressful in itself but I really want to make this new job work. I don't think I can cope if it all goes wrong again. 

Parents
  • I work full time and find that it can be quite exhausting. I need to make sure that I have time on my own at work sometimes, plus plenty of rest time in the evenings and weekends. My advice would be to pace yourself a bit and try not to achieve everything on day one - take it one step at a time and try not to get too overwhelmed. Good luck. 

• I do struggle with this. I'm usually good at seeing where all the problems are and trying to fix them all at once. I can be very focused and get a lot of work done, much more than most people. But then that level is expected all the time, and you end up doing everyone else's work on top of your own, which adds to stress. I think I'll take your advice and try to pace a bit more. 

• I do struggle with this. I'm usually good at seeing where all the problems are and trying to fix them all at once. I can be very focused and get a lot of work done, much more than most people. But then that level is expected all the time, and you end up doing everyone else's work on top of your own, which adds to stress. I think I'll take your advice and try to pace a bit more. 

Children
No Data