Just as I thought I had a good day I asked someone if she was pregnant

So I thought I was having aa great day which never happens. I actually managed to get up and go out the door after 2 weeks. I started to feel good but then I spotted someone from my childhood and said hi  Then I spotted she had a bit of  a belly. I kept thinking don't ask but then I couldn't help it I just had to blurt it out. Are you pregnant to which she replied no am just fat. Now I feel so horrible and I just don't want to go out again. This is why I stay in. I don't know what to do I'm such a failure nd horrible person to even ask that. 

Parents
  • That’s a perfectly reasonable question. I know I have asked it to several people who turned out not to be pregnant and it’s not only autistic people who ask fat people that question. And why not? If they’re  fat, what’s wrong with that? Unless you have a phobia about fat people or something? Shrug tone1‍♀️

• All this talk about fat people.  I've gone back on my diet and counting calories as I eat.

One fat TV moment sticks in my mind.  Where a girl asks a friend " does this sweater make me look fat? "  Her friend replies, " you look fat because you are fat"

• All this talk about fat people.  I've gone back on my diet and counting calories as I eat.

One fat TV moment sticks in my mind.  Where a girl asks a friend " does this sweater make me look fat? "  Her friend replies, " you look fat because you are fat"

Children
  • Hahahaha that’s funny, and that’s usually my answer when someone asks me if their clothes make them look fat but older people are the best, they tell someone they’re fat like nobody else. One old lady in the hospital I was working at asked the nurse if she could help because she was worried the nurse was going to have a heart attack or something because she was so fat and looked like she was struggling to breathe let alone look after patients! 

Why do older people get away with so much? One of the perks of being on this planet for so long, I guess! 

You do know though, don’t you, that diets don’t work, not ever! You can loose weight when following them but when you stop, so does the weight loss and it all comes back again. The CEO of weight watchers says his company is a great business model but terrible for weight loss. He said people join weight watchers or any of the slimming clubs, they lose weight, feel great, stop coming, put the weight back on, feel miserable and then remember how great they felt when they went to the slimming club and how they lost weight, so they go back (revolving customer, every business owners dream) feel great, lose weight, rinse and repeat ~ for the rest of their lives, for some people. Some people never learn that diets don’t work.