Just as I thought I had a good day I asked someone if she was pregnant

So I thought I was having aa great day which never happens. I actually managed to get up and go out the door after 2 weeks. I started to feel good but then I spotted someone from my childhood and said hi  Then I spotted she had a bit of  a belly. I kept thinking don't ask but then I couldn't help it I just had to blurt it out. Are you pregnant to which she replied no am just fat. Now I feel so horrible and I just don't want to go out again. This is why I stay in. I don't know what to do I'm such a failure nd horrible person to even ask that. 

Parents
  • That’s a perfectly reasonable question. I know I have asked it to several people who turned out not to be pregnant and it’s not only autistic people who ask fat people that question. And why not? If they’re  fat, what’s wrong with that? Unless you have a phobia about fat people or something? Shrug tone1‍♀️

• That’s a perfectly reasonable question. I know I have asked it to several people who turned out not to be pregnant and it’s not only autistic people who ask fat people that question. And why not? If they’re  fat, what’s wrong with that? Unless you have a phobia about fat people or something? Shrug tone1‍♀️

Children
  • All this talk about fat people.  I've gone back on my diet and counting calories as I eat.

One fat TV moment sticks in my mind.  Where a girl asks a friend " does this sweater make me look fat? "  Her friend replies, " you look fat because you are fat"